Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a key
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wertygrog
Hello, the PO lost the key to my car, and thus far i have been unable to find a company that will look at the lock cylinder and fashion me up a new key. I even took the doorhandle off and would deliver to them. Only one company would do it, but for $55. Are there any locksmiths S of boston or any mail-in place that will do this?

thanks,

brent
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (wertygrog @ Dec 14 2005, 09:34 AM)
Hello, the PO lost the key to my car, and thus far i have been unable to find a company that will look at the lock cylinder and fashion me up a new key. I even took the doorhandle off and would deliver to them. Only one company would do it, but for $55. Are there any locksmiths S of boston or any mail-in place that will do this?

thanks,

brent

Tony Euganeo in Sharon Hill, PA. He's a Pcar lock whiz.

www.LockAndKey.com

(610) 461-0519

He flies pout to CA for the big Porsche swap meets. Good guy.
sj914
55$ isn't that bad.
charlesmac
When my ONLY key broke, i carried the title to the local porsche dealership, and they were able to get a new one made using the v.i.n. Dont remember how much it cost, that was several years ago.
dlo914
contact markb he'll whip up something for ya. He rekeyed all the locks on my car for only $20....$5/each and he even repaired a broken door handle smilie_pokal.gif he does AWESOME WORK!!!
markb
Thanks for the nice words, but I only pointed out the broken part of the handle to you, I don't belive I did any actual fixing. That would take replacing the flapper part, IIRC.

Oh, and this is something he should have done locally. I don't actualy do any blank key making. Contact the gentleman Cap'n Krusty recommends. He's really good. He's usually in the next stall with us at German Autofest, and he's busy the whole time he's there.

And if you don't already have it, AAA! Worth every penny of what you pay them.
dlo914
QUOTE (markb @ Dec 14 2005, 02:39 PM)
Thanks for the nice words, but I only pointed out the broken part of the handle to you, I don't belive I did any actual fixing. That would take replacing the flapper part, IIRC.

Oh, and this is something he should have done locally. I don't actualy do any blank key making. Contact the gentleman Cap'n Krusty recommends. He's really good. He's usually in the next stall with us at German Autofest, and he's busy the whole time he's there.

And if you don't already have it, AAA! Worth every penny of what you pay them.

yea i heard AAA comes to your house or wherever you're at and they make you 2 keys for like $40/each. A co-worker of mine did that when he couldnt find his keys. Unfortunately, the next day he found his keys in his girlfriend's sweater dry.gif
markb
QUOTE (charlesmac @ Dec 14 2005, 11:31 AM)
When my ONLY key broke, i carried the title to the local porsche dealership, and they were able to get a new one made using the v.i.n. Dont remember how much it cost, that was several years ago.

This only works if the ignition hasn't been changed to a new one, or if it has, then if the rest of the locks weren't re-keyed to match.
markb
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Dec 14 2005, 02:41 PM)
yea i heard AAA comes to your house or wherever you're at and they make you 2 keys for like $40/each. A co-worker of mine did that when he couldnt find his keys. Unfortunately, the next day he found his keys in his girlfriend's sweater dry.gif

I've had that kind of thing happen before! biggrin.gif Now I have mulitple spares. One set of everything kept in my toolbox at the shop, one set of everything in a drawer at home. It's overkill, but better safe than sorry. Keeps me from doing this: headbang.gif
dlo914
heh i have like 3 spare keys for the 914 alone wink.gif
wertygrog
I think i found a local source for $20-25. Thanks for your help guys! biggrin.gif

just hoping the ignition is the same as the door lock...

brent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.