Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odd noise.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
My car makes an odd noise during mild acceleration. It sounds kind of like a wheel rubbing - but it only seems to do it under mild acceleration. If I hoof it, or let it overun (or even just maintain speed) it seems to go away. It seems to be related to road speed and not engine speed.

I'm pretty sure all my bearings are tight. Front shocks are Bilstein casings so it shouldn't be the shock in the tube causing the problem.

I bounced around on the car in different places to look for loose stuff but nothing apparent...

Anyone have ideas for things to check?

confused24.gif
goose2
rear tire rubbing on fender lip? loose motor mount(s)?
Aaron Cox
i had a similar noise.... rear wheel bearing dry.gif
fiid
I just changed the rear bearings, rotors, pads and e-brake cables. I'm a little suspicious of my CV joints. It's also possible that the hub bolts aren't torqued properly. My impact wrench is supposed to be good for 250lbs, so I whaled on them with that....?????

The engine does bounce a little over bumps (need a framing fix for that!), but I'm pretty sure it's bolted down.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 14 2005, 01:09 PM)
i had a similar noise.... rear wheel bearing dry.gif

my first though too...

does it on some turns?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.