Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subwoofer hook-up question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
OK, I'm considering getting a subwoofer for my stereo hookup and since I'm not a "stereo guy" I have a question or two.. first if I get one of the woofer-in-the-consoles that many folks around here get then do I need something like a crossover (whatever that is..) or can I run speaker wire directly to it and be done with it? Will I need to use an Amp with it? The other route I'm thinking about is the little small Powered, Clarion SRV303 ... I guess I wouldn't need anything extra for that, right? Suggestions?

Doug C
degreeoff
you need a x over if the AMP is not equiped.....The AMP is the only thing that can power a sub with enough umph to hear bass....if it is a 8" sub then a minimum of 80-100 watts MORE AMP more sound.....take it from me you should not skimp on this item it will make all the diff....from a circut city or like you should get all you need for $300 or so

yes you need an _ _ _!!
DougC
you should get all you need for $300 or so

Which is why I'm thinking of going with the Clarion SRV303.. looks like it's pretty much plug and play for around $150 shipped - that's the way I'm leaning I think.

Doug C
DougC
Can someone please move this to the Garage - I could have sworn that's where I started it smile.gif

Doug C
goose2
James (Morphenspectra), who sells the sub-woofer consoles can give you good advice on the hook-up with different configurations. An amp (I found 600w Sony on eBay for $75) will sound best, but a high power head unit , capacitors and dual voice coil woofer can sound ok
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.