Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: installing motor/trans question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lincoln
im basically unknowledgable in porsche stuff- altho ive experience doing engine swaps and rebuilds on muscle era mopars im not sure how id go about installing a motor into a 914- looks like it would be pretty cramped to try to drop it in- so would preciate if some of you more knowing folk could give me a basic run-down ( id almost say the motor and trans have to have the car lowered onto them - but i have no clues on how-to's on these cars)

reason im asking is because im considering buying a roller , less engine and transmission and im not sure its something i can handle
dmenche914
engine and tranny easily come out from under the car. Four bolts hold it all in. (of course there are cables, fuel lines, heater ducts, some shrouding and wires to remove first.) I find it eaiest to remove the muffler and heat exchanger first, and re-install them after the motor and tranny are in. Engien and tranny should be connected first, then installed as a unit.

good luck
r_towle
Go to pelican parts tech area for the 914.
The technical articles have great pics and a pretty good how to take your motor out thing.

Rich
McMark
QUOTE (r_towle @ Dec 14 2005, 05:31 PM)
Go to pelican parts tech area for the 914.
The technical articles have great pics and a pretty good how to take your motor out thing.

Rich

Ouch! pinch.gif

Or click on 914 Info at the top of your screen, click technical articles, and there's the engine drop article.
r_towle
cool, I did not know that was there....

We need more articles now..

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.