Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prices going Up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
I haven't looked at ebay cars in awhile. Not shopping, no reason to look. Except for the cars that are put up here.

Tonight I had a look. There are currenty 24 914's listed. Usually 14-16. Of the 24 cars listed, there are 10 currently under $1,000. There is one just over that point at $1,114, but most are between $300 and $775.

I've never seen that many low $ cars listed.

Are prices going down? Should I sell my stock or keep fixing them? smile.gif

A couple did interest me (if I was looking): a 72 listed with a V8 for $6,700 (has a 74 vin # tho) and a 73 for currenty $914 that says it has a 2.7L in it. The 2.7 is listed as in Phoenix, no pics or much info. If someone is looking, it might be worth sending a email to ask for more info.
redshift
I don't know, I paid like $11,000 for one that doesn't run, I'm trying to keep the prices up.

Anyone else have a 'really nice 914', the 'best I ever had' they wanna sell me?

M
kdfoust
I think it's a overall dip in the used enthusiast car market. I've been tracking (and shopping) for a number of models and I've seen ASKING prices dipping to surprising levels. Decent cars don't appear to be moving at all. Tragically flawed cars (bad colors, smokey engines, whatever) need to be parked on the curb with signs that say "FREE."

A friend is trying to buy an SC and I'm shocked by the price level for those cars (although the majority are thoroughly beat) but he's gonna find a VERY nice SC for something between 11 and 13.5 in SoCal.

I say it's a buyer's market for enthusiast cars.

Have fun with it!
Kevin
EdwardBlume
IMO - eBay isn't a good place to validate the values of 30+ year old cars. Without seeing the car, you are taking a chance and you get what you get.

Good cars are getting harder to find, so I would expect top condition 914s to keep their value despite this economy. Top condition 914s are also more likely to end up in the hands of enthusiasts now.
seanery
As far as other sports cars go 951's prices have been going up slightly in the past 4 years.

I can't find one for less than $9k (except on ebay which doesn't count).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.