Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Filter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
So as long as I'm replacing the rest of the fuel system, I might as well pick a filter of my choosing...

Fuel pump is located in front (above the steering rack), fuel lines are all AN-6. Now the choice is what fuel filter to put in there? Preferably something with threaded ports instead of barbed fittings.

Any suggestions? This will be a fuel injected engine, but will probably never need to flow GOB of fuel as it will be running a warmed over 2.0L.

There are those little glass bodied filters at the FLAPS, but I doubt they're really that good. But it is nice to be able to inspect the filter element for gunk...

Suggestions?

-Josh2
ClayPerrine
On any injected car I would use the fuel filter from an MFI 911. The filter on it is designed to stop extremely tiny particles from passing through 'cause they would clog the precision built injectors. And it has threaded ports on it already.

TimT
I have Canton filters on my cars. Both oil and fuel filters. You can get filters with either 1 or 8 micron elements

rhilgers
Here is a 2nd for the Canton filters. They went up in price though, about $100 with the AN -6 adapters.

1 micron and its even ok as a prefilter!

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp...upID=FUELFILCAN

-Rich Hilgersom
campbellcj
+1 on the Canton. Spendy but very nicely made.
TimT
Clay dont abuse your administratorshipdom

I opined about the Canton filters earlier today, and have happened by a pc and checked the thread

All of a sudden you jump to the head of the line!! and you posted at exactly the same time I did, after me posting the first response hours earlier, with not a peep from you

why not keep that admin pass in check...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 15 2005, 12:34 PM)
On any injected car I would use the fuel filter from an MFI 911. The filter on it is designed to stop extremely tiny particles from passing through 'cause they would clog the precision built injectors. And it has threaded ports on it already.

Nice idea, but the MFI filters are threaded on one end to install like an oil filter, and the other end is a hose fitting. You want a CIS fuel filter, but the fittings are metric, and most take a cone design fitting. Some take a banjo fitting on one end, but you still have to deal with metric fittings. AN implies braided SS covered hose, which tends to develop leaks. Be careful out there! The Cap'n
r_towle
I got a really nice simple racefule filter with a stone for filtering...at least it looks and feels like stone....

Anyways...you unscrew this filter...take out the stone..wash it with carb cleaner and put it back in...simple...and cheap...

rich
RON S.
QUOTE (TimT @ Dec 15 2005, 12:34 PM)
I have Canton filters on my cars. Both oil and fuel filters. You can get filters with either 1 or 8 micron elements

I also run a Canton 1 micron filter,

Here's a shot from a couple years back before my engine was installed.

The car runs a consistant 50lbs. of fuel pressure all day long.

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.