Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want a brand New Lola T70?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Lola Announces Return of Historic T70 Sports Car
Written by: News Wire
Huntingdon, UK – 12/15/2005

user posted image

Lola Cars announced today the return of a motorsport legend: the Lola T70 Mk3B. An authentic and limited continuation series of the iconic sports car has begun and the first chassis is set to be unveiled at the MIA/MDUK stand in January at the annual Autosport Racing Car Show at Birmingham in England.

As factory Fords, Ferraris and Porsches stamped their presence on the world of endurance racing in the late 1960’s and early 1970’s, the Lola T70 was regarded as the only one car that gave privateers the chance to stand up to the factory giants.

After winning the inaugural Can-Am Championship in open cockpit guise with John Surtees in 1966, the Mk3 coupe variant was launched for longer distance competition. The Mk3B was introduced in 1969 and went to win many International races, including most famously the 1969 Daytona 24 Hours with Mark Donohue and Chuck Parsons.

This limited series is unique in being a genuine continuation of the original specification car by the original manufacturer, bringing the experience of the golden age of sports car competition to a new generation of historic racers.

Lola’s Executive Chairman, Martin Birrane, himself an avid fan of the original T70 series, said: “This is an exciting announcement because the T70 series was undoubtedly one of the most charismatic sports cars ever built, certainly from British shores.

“Many racing enthusiasts have fallen in love with T70’s over the years and this project has come about through a high demand for more T70’s where they belong, on the grid. Thirty six years after its original unveiling we are again building them, only now alongside our contemporary sportscars like the new B06/10 LMP1 car. With some of the original staff at Lola still working for the company it will be an evocative build in Huntingdon.”

The first car off the production line will be displayed on the MIA/MDUK pavilion, stand 6400 at the Autosport Racing Car Show from January 12, 2006. Some of the drivers of the original T70 series will be at the unveiling along with members of the Lola management and engineering team. For full details on the Lola T70 Mk3B continuation, including full technical spec and results records please log on to www.lola-group.com
rick 918-S
Cool!
TimT
Me likey.. I pulled the plug on that australian 917 clone a few years back.. If I get my self into a better finanacial situ, one of these car will be mine ( the 917 or Lola)
Jeroen
very cool!
wonder what one would cost...
gregrobbins
Saw one running in the HSR Vintage race series in Palm Springs in November. Beautiful and fast. Hope he brings it to Phoenix in February.
Thorshammer
Only if I can get the license plate THX1138. Would I dare to own one.

Erik
jonwatts
Hubba hubba rolleyes.gif
drew365
A T70 held the record at the Virginia City Hillclimb for many years. I'd love one, but I think on my wish list it would still be behind an Ultima with Porsche powertrain.
boxstr
One of the guys I go karting with owns a Lola T70. I wonder what this will do, If anything, to the real ones??
CCLINLOLA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.