Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Wiring Diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DEC
Hello Guys
I am looking for a coloured wiring diagram for a
914-6.
I have only find diagrams in black/white.

Has somebody a diagram with coloured lines?
Regards
DEC
914Sixer
I need a copy also. I have a black and white copy with no wire colors on it. I my factory manuals do not have anything on the 914-6. Thanks, Mark
Gustl
Hi Wilco wavey.gif

sorry, can't help you out with the wiring diagram sad.gif

just wanted to welcome you on this board ...

greez to Germany smilie_flagge6.gif

user posted image Gustl
ArtechnikA
searching on that topic, which has come up many times before, or "Zapf" - which is the name of the provider - will get you all the available contact information.

i got one; it's worth the money IMO ...
JoeSharp
Got one from Aurther Zapf, Zipsix@earthlink.net
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
JoeSharp
A Flyer. I malied him a check and it took a 2 weeks.
DEC
Thanks Joe
I will contact him to check the possibilty for a shipment
to Germany
Regards
Wilco aktion035.gif
smontanaro
I had a hard time searching the site for "Zapf AND diagram". Finally came across Art Zapf's website.

Thought I might as well make sure it's in this thread.

Skip
3liter914-6
QUOTE (smontanaro @ Dec 16 2005, 04:27 PM)
I had a hard time searching the site for "Zapf AND diagram". Finally came across Art Zapf's website.

Thought I might as well make sure it's in this thread.

Skip

When was the last time someone received a Zaph color diagram? I ask because I ordered one ~1 year ago (maybe longer), and at the time received the B&W and a note saying that he didn't have an affordable printing option for the color diagram and would refund my money or hold it until an affordable option became available and he could offer them again. I figured he could just hang on to it until he found a printer. It's been a while, and I haven't heard anything, so I assumed they're still NLA. So if someone's gotten one recently I'd like to know so I can drop him a line.

Thanks!
SirAndy
if anybody wants to send me a hig-res copy of the color-coded "black & white" diagram, i can make a color one.

it's pretty simple, really ...
type.gif Andy
914Sixer
I was about to drop $35 in the mail to get a color one. I called the number on the web site but I got a recording. I left a message to see if anyone will call back. I will keep everybody posted.
SirAndy
QUOTE (DEC @ Dec 16 2005, 11:17 AM)
I will contact him to check the possibilty for a shipment
to Germany

oops, missed that part!

Herzlich Willkommen!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
I recently received 2 color copies from Art. So they should be available now. It took a couple weeks to get, but it was a good experience. Leave a message, he will return the call.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 20 2005, 01:10 PM)
if anybody wants to send me a hig-res copy of the color-coded "black & white" diagram, i can make a color one.

type.gif  Andy

High res copies of the 914/6 wiring diagrams.

Right Hand diagram

Left Hand Diagram
SirAndy
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 20 2005, 02:25 PM)
High res copies of the 914/6 wiring diagrams.

uhm, thanks, i guess ...

but that is neither hi-res nor color-coded ...
unsure.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
Looks to be the same thing (but a cleaner copy) of what we have on the Bird site. Crappy B&W with no color labels, just wire size labels. sad.gif

Aaahndy, I request that you do not post a colorized version. Art put quite a bit of work into figuring out the correct colors for his diagram, and I feel he deserves to get paid for it. $35 is very very cheap for the quality of the diagram you get.

--DD
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Dec 20 2005, 04:00 PM)
Aaahndy, I request that you do not post a colorized version. Art put quite a bit of work into figuring out the correct colors for his diagram, and I feel he deserves to get paid for it. $35 is very very cheap for the quality of the diagram you get.

Would also be considered PLAGERISM! blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (9146986 @ Dec 20 2005, 08:10 PM)
Would also be considered PLAGERISM! blink.gif

i suspect you mean "Plagiarism" ...

and here's my answer to that: finger.gif

read my post. please. then tell me how that would in any way translate into "Plagiarism" ...

this guy does not own the copyright to the original porsche wiring diagrams. all he did was to take a b&w diagram and retrace the wires in the correct color.

all i said was that i could do the same he has done if someone supplies me with the b&w diagrams and the color codes.

"Plagiarism" my ass ... maybe next time you try to *think* before you post ...
screwy.gif Andy
Gustl
guys, I'm pretty sure that I've seen a coloured wiring diagram in an original set of factory repair manuals from Porsche - the first edition from the 70ies

I do have an original set from Porsche - but a newer re-print where the wiring diagram is b/w sad.gif

I'll try to find out where I've seen the coloured version and if I could get a copy ...

wavey.gif Gustl
914Sixer
I spoke to Art Zaph last night. He told me a wonderful story about how he made the wiring diagrams by hand before they had modern computer technology. He is really 914 person. The sad news is he no longer owns a six.

The good news is he has a very limited supply of color diagrams and about 100 copies of the black and white ones. So you can contact him for copies. He will be on vacation, so do not expect anything until after the 1st of the year.

Thanks, Mark.
DEC
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 20 2005, 11:10 AM)

type.gif  Andy

Hi Andy,
I think a scan of the coloured diagram is much easier.
Can someone do this?

Wilco

P.S. Thanks for the "Willkommens Gruss"
SirAndy
QUOTE (DEC @ Dec 21 2005, 08:15 AM)
I think a scan of the coloured diagram is much easier.
Can someone do this?

Hey Wilco,
ich habe selbst kein farbiges Diagramm, ich werde mich mal umhören ob jemand hier in meiner Umgebung ein farbiges Diagramm hat das ich dann einscannen kann ...

smilie_flagge6.gif Andy

PS: Wo in Deutschland lebst Du?
michelko
Hallo Wilco,
auch von mir Willkommen im Club. Wir hatten früher schon mal gemailt (Öldrucksender) vielleicht erinnerst du dich?

Dieses Forum ist wirklich die beste Info-Quelle für 914er.

Gruss Michael

smilie_flagge6.gif
Gustl
Hi Leute,
wenn jetzt schon mal alle hier deutsch schreiben, dann muss ich wohl die Gelegenheit nutzen und auch mitmachen biggrin.gif laugh.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Kerrys914
wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif type.gif
DEC
Hey Andy,
I live in the near of Hannover, in Lower Saxony.
I think out of regard for the not German speaking
members that we can communicate in German via Email.

Btw: In the 2nd week of January I spend one week in Las Vegas
for my company.

Regards

Wilco aktion035.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 20 2005, 11:15 PM)
this guy does not own the copyright to the original porsche wiring diagrams. all he did was to take a b&w diagram and retrace the wires in the correct color.

He does own the copyright to the color diagrams. I do not believe there are any factory color diagrams of the Six. (I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of one until Wolfgang's post earlier in this thread.) So what Art did was to trace the wires in his car, and figure out all of the wire colors. Then he made a diagram using those colors.

If someone uses Art's diagram to post a colored wiring diagram on the 'net, that's Not A Good Thing. If someone finds a different wiring diagram that has color info, and then makes a color diagram out of that--that is a different matter.

--DD
GeorgeRud
Been in the hobby since 1974, and have never seen a factory colored one for the six. Even the early 1970s shop manuals and parts diagrams didn't have it. Pay Art, he did a great job.
Jeroen
QUOTE (Gustl @ Dec 21 2005, 07:13 PM)
Hi Leute,
wenn jetzt schon mal alle hier deutsch schreiben, dann muss ich wohl die Gelegenheit nutzen und auch mitmachen  :D   laugh.gif  

wavey.gif  Gustl

Aber scheisse! Das war zu spät für die Schwiegermutter
wacko.gif

Ik wil m'n fiets terug!
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Dec 21 2005, 06:07 PM)
If someone finds a different wiring diagram that has color info, and then makes a color diagram out of that--that is a different matter.

that's exactly what i just said ... wacko.gif
give me a black and white diagram (available from porsche) and the color codes (available from porsche) and i can create a color diagram on the computer.

that would in no way infringe on Art's stuff. i never even seen one of his diagrams and i wouldn't need to.
no copy of his stuff, no ripping off his design. nada.

i would simply turn the porsche b&w diagram into a color one.

are we done with this bs.gif now?
rolleyes.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (DEC @ Dec 21 2005, 01:03 PM)
I think out of regard for the not German speaking
members that we can communicate in German via Email.

no problem! biggrin.gif

those guys need a german lesson from time to time.
after all, they're all driving german cars!

beerchug.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 21 2005, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Dec 21 2005, 06:07 PM)
If someone finds a different wiring diagram that has color info, and then makes a color diagram out of that--that is a different matter.

that's exactly what i just said ... wacko.gif
give me a black and white diagram (available from porsche) and the color codes (available from porsche) and i can create a color diagram on the computer.

that would in no way infringe on Art's stuff. i never even seen one of his diagrams and i wouldn't need to.
no copy of his stuff, no ripping off his design. nada.

i would simply turn the porsche b&w diagram into a color one.

are we done with this bs.gif now?
rolleyes.gif Andy

Andy,
There are no color diagrams from the factory, just the black and white one with a color code chart. The diagram I posted IS a factory diagram. Got it the same place that I got the gear ratio chart. But I don't have the color code chart that goes with it. sad.gif

Dave,
You are right about the diagram being the same one that's on Pelican. I sent a copy of mine to Wayne a few years ago, in case he wanted to update the web site.

Gustl
Hey guys,
today I called my "contact person" at Porsche Austria (he works there for about 40).
He promised to find out if there was anything like a coloured wiring diagram for the six available from the factory at any time.
Because of the coming holidays it could last till mid-January, but I will keep you informed.

I personally think to remember that I've seen these diagrams - but I'm not sure, off course ... unsure.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
SirAndy
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 22 2005, 06:54 AM)
There are no color diagrams from the factory, just the black and white one with a color code chart. The diagram I posted IS a factory diagram.

ok, maybe my english is just not good enough. or maybe i'm talking to a wall here ...

yes, i know that there is no factory color chart. we established that in the first 2 posts in this thread.
yes, i know there is a factory b&w chart and color codes. we established that in the first 2 posts in this thread.
i never said anything otherwise. wacko.gif

give me a good quality scan of the factory original b&w diagram and the color codes and i can make a color diagram. from scratch. on my computer.

can i make this any more clear?
confused24.gif Andy
nine14cats
Ok Andy I hear ya,

But the real question is: Can you take a black and white diagram and a separate color code chart and make up a color diagram from scratch on your computer?

From what you've said, it seems impossible, but that's what we really need!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Just had to, sorry bud!

Bill P. aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Dec 22 2005, 10:14 AM)
Just had to, sorry bud!

poke.gif laugh.gif

beerchug.gif Andy
Wild 6
I hate to be the spoiler...

The copyright of the schematic drawings belong to the original creator. So... if you colorize an original work it is simply a derivative of the original work. The copyright for the derivative still belongs to the original creator. The person who created the derivative work cannot claim infringement. In fact, if anyone resells that drawing without permission from Porsche, they are liable to pay Porsche for all the proceeds they received plus damages up to triple that amount.

What you can probably get away with is charging $35 for shipping and handling and clearly stating the the colorized drawing is FREE.

Andy S
914Sixer
My color 914-6 wiring diagram came in from Art Zapht today. IT is worth every penny of the $35!!!! He even threw in 2 black and white copies for free. Art included a note saying he only had a few color ones left. clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.