Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless Steel Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
In last month's Excellence (p. 21 Dec 2005) there is a company that advertised 22" Stainless wheels for PepperVagons. Their website is www.performanceporscheparts.com. Well, I think that someone put a stop to them using Porsche in the domain. Does anyone have any info on these or other stainless rims? I wonder why we haven't seen more stainless wheels for other vehicles...unless they just weigh too much.

I think they would look great.
smontanaro
QUOTE (seanery @ Dec 16 2005, 09:48 AM)
I wonder why we haven't seen more stainless wheels for other vehicles...unless they just weigh too much.

My guess would be: A) (maybe much) more expensive than plain steel, plus B) don't weigh any less, plus C) wouldn't look all that much different than plain steel wheels.

Skip
Tobra
They would have no advantage over polished aluminum. A forged, polished Al wheel would be lighter, stiffer and just as shiny
Katmanken
Sean,

PepperVagons? What kinda drugs you on? happy11.gif

"Your search for "PepperVagons" returned no results.
We recommend that you try the following:

Check your spelling.
Remove double quotes. Quotes indicate an exact phrase, removing them broadens your search.
Try using fewer words, your search may be too specific. Example: Instead of typing "tax free municipal bonds" try searching for "municipal bonds" or "bonds".
Try different words.
Rephrase your search using synonyms or related words. Example: Instead of "italian cuisine" try "italian cooking". "

Ken
seanery
Cayenne...you haven't heard of them called pepper wagons?
markb
Oh, you mean the Paprika!
DanT
That's "towrag" in drag wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.