Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bad floor pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
Ok here are a couple of pics of what I found after grinding on the floor for awhile, oddly the longs appear fine dry.gif

So does it look like I can just take a 3" wide section of 16ga and weld it in to fill the holes along the longs and tunnel? If so where to buy? Is the center brace available anywhere?

A little advise please unsure.gif
First up:
Sparky
Then the center "non" brace (where can I find one?):

Oops
Sparky
forgot the pic:
Sparky
tunnel:

Sparky
firewall:

Sparky
The victim right before I started grinding:

riverman
I would cut out as much of the rust as I could and then weld in some angles from the floor up to the sides to cover the holes. Then treat the entire area with some rust preventative (Por-15 etc.), from behind as well. The area is going to be covered with carpet so it doesn't need to be perfect (unless you're doing a show car). The repair will maintain the structural integrity of the body.
Sparky
If I use angle that wont let me fit the Engman kit properly. Flat stock?
riverman
Put the Engman kit in first, then repair whatever else you can see. The Engman kit will make your frame super strong.
sean_v8_914
that looks like water intrusion into the cabin combined with that corner muck dirt mix that forms over years. I like the idea of installing the engmen kit first then the patches. I would stick to sheet metal

after you gring the rust away, it will be hard to weld to teh thinner metal at the horizontal to vert junction. the angle idea sounds better to me now
Lou W
sean_v8_914 Posted on Dec 16 2005, 10:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that looks like water intrusion into the cabin combined with that corner muck dirt mix that forms over years. I like the idea of installing the engmen kit first then the patches. I would stick to sheet metal

after you gring the rust away, it will be hard to weld to teh thinner metal at the horizontal to vert junction. the angle idea sounds better to me now  

agree.gif welder.gif That's what I did on mine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.