Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7 oil change & valve adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I have a guy flying in tomorrow to swap some carbs and he has offered to adjust my valves and tune the car. What exactly will I need? Upper & lover valve cover gaskets, sump-plate gasket(s), drain plug gasket, oil filter?

Thanks...
Cap'n Krusty
Valve cover gasket kit. It includes the sump stuff, nuts, and washers. "Turbo" valve covers are nice, too, unless it's a 914/6. If it is, then early SC lower covers are a nice addition. Mahle oil filter. A case of oil. The Cap'n
SLITS
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 16 2005, 01:55 PM)
Valve cover gasket kit. It includes the sump stuff, nuts, and washers. "Turbo" valve covers are nice, too, unless it's a 914/6. If it is, then early SC lower covers are a nice addition. Mahle oil filter. A case of oil. The Cap'n

"And a partridge in a pear tree".....................

Hi Allan laugh.gif
J P Stein
& a 13mm box end wrench, flat blade screwdriver, & a .004 feeler gauge.
Allan
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Dec 16 2005, 04:30 PM)

What's the deal with the special "must have" curved feeler gauge that Pelican sells?
SLITS
QUOTE (Headrage @ Dec 16 2005, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Dec 16 2005, 04:30 PM)

What's the deal with the special "must have" curved feeler gauge that Pelican sells?

Makes it a shitpile easier to get the feeler where it needs to be.....or so I'm told
ejm
a large drain pan is nice to have wink.gif
TimT

take the 0.004 blade out from your feeler gauge set and bend it, I bought some 004 feeler stock.. when the piece Im using gets to beat up, I cut and shape another piece of the shim stock

J P Stein
agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.