Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I made up my mind / car stays black
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I struggled on repainting my car back to it's original signal orange, I decided to stick with black and will recreate my car to look like this. I am re-fabricating my GT valance already by
adding intake ducts on the corners for brake cooling and filling in the torsion nubs to accommodated the trailer tie downs.
This is how I hope it will look whens its done.
markb
Nice! Black & chrome is a good look.
rick 918-S
ohmy.gif drooley.gif clap.gif wavey.gif Will you finish before Qarl?

Qarl! where are ya buddy!?!?
Lou W
I like it the way it is. smilie_pokal.gif
iamchappy
Qarl has been photoshoping a Caymen in signal orange and dealing with new puppy training.

I am going to visit with him next month and keep pushing him along. I hope to have my car done for the wcc2006. I have the body shop lined up for the body work and paint and staying with black meant not having to deal with the trunks and engine compartment, the engine builders have started on the turbo engine.

I wanted a tough looking street roadster with the classic chrome and apperance group look to it. I sort of modeled it after Jack Olsens 911 from the pelican board.
McMark
Nice! smilie_pokal.gif

It always feels good to get past an agonizing decision.
VegasRacer
Looks good to me. smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Dec 16 2005, 04:15 PM)
Looks good to me. smile.gif

I'll second that!

I can't wait to go cruisin with you in the Metro! I may have to get a ticket! aktion035.gif driving.gif
airsix
Good Call, Chappy. A car that wicked has to be black.
-Ben M.
DblDog
Black is Beautiful!!!!! mueba.gif
iamchappy
Its kind of like when i work on layouts to do a painting. it's hard to decide what to do but
when you finally decide, and get started in on it, it's exciting and fun.
Aaron Cox
gorgeous!

user posted image
iamchappy
Honestly, Rick and Johns cars spent a lot of time on my monitor as did the signal orange cars.
Mine started out signal orange but was meant to be black.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.