Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Rear Wing for the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racing916
I am looking to put a rear wing on my car and I have seen a few in some pictures on this webpage in the past. Does anybody have pics of a rear wing on thier car or someone elses, and do you know where they(you) got it. Thanks!!

Steve
TimT
this is a wing to the extreme

uprights are made from aluminum honeycomb, wing element is carbon fiber

not sure if you need something this out there

Rand
Extreme? That's nothing. If you want something REALLY out there, check this:

user posted image

biggrin.gif Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Teknon
If your talking a duck tail I have one to sell. 1bill shocked[1].gif
seanery
This is the best looking wing I've seen on a 914.

user posted image
Teknon
They looks like a Ground Radar system!!!!!! barf.gif
TimT
I have a 42.5" wide carbon fiber wing element available its from a 911 rear tail. Not sure how you could make it work on a 914 though
Rand
Wings are not for looks IMHO. They should be functional - and the height, size, shape, etc., should be determined by the type of racing. Speed being the most critical variable, no? More details on the purpose will help.

In the mean time, here are a couple more photos: smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image
airsix
I agree about functional wings being a good thing. Sort of off-topic, but this thread reminded me of something I read in a technical manual the other day that made me spray my drink out my nose. I was reading some Inovate Motorsports whitepaper on using LM1 datalogger inputs and a throttle-possition-sensor on a bellcrank attached to the suspension to measure airodynamic downforce/lift at various speeds. In with the technical writing and diagrams was a comment that read something like this: "front-wheel-drive cars with wings are like birds - big wings and no penis". lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
-Ben M.
xitspd
agree.gif Sean, that car was built by my mechanic Steve Aven. 714-637-1234
marks914
Heres one...
Racing916
marks914,

I like that rear wing on your car. smilie_pokal.gif Where did you get it? I am looking for something subtle like that.
spare time toys
Here is the $20 special smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
another view
spare time toys
side view
spare time toys
Or you can go the big fat tail look wink.gif
Allan
Here's one that was on a car at the WCC.

marks914
Thanks!
I had been looking for one for a while. I bought it used from someone on the Bird Board a couple of years ago. Renegade had one similar to it, but I think they discontinued it, you may want to try them.
I added it because the 916 style front bumper made the front look longer than the back, the wing evens it out.
Mark
marks914
Crazyhippy
Renegades...

user posted image

Call and ask for price etc... (866) 498-2421

Tell them BJ says Hi. wink.gif
Britain Smith
I have always wanting to know more about this car...anyone?

user posted image
nine14cats
Here's a few shots of our 914-6 with a wing....

me at Buttonwillow...

Bill P.
nine14cats
My wife Doris at Thunderhill....

Bill P.
nine14cats
Doris again at Thunderhill...gives a sideview of the wing.

GT Racing 60 inch wide Carbon Fiber...really makes a difference on the backend...

Bill P.
Racing916
cool picks, thanks guys!! I will give them a call
jd74914
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Dec 18 2005, 12:33 AM)

user posted image

I think it has an Audi 1.8T in it (thats what I've heard, idk for sure). Other than that I know nothing
ein 6er
QUOTE (marks914 @ Dec 16 2005, 06:18 PM)
Heres one...

mark,

love those wheels!!! sending you a pm.
bernbomb914
Would this work? I like the height and shape

Bernie
Nickm1
My wing came off a Fiero. I am thinking on getting rid of it because at high speeds it produces lift.
jflash914
I would have thought that the wing would give you more down force at high speeds?
maf914
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Dec 17 2005, 09:33 PM)

user posted image

I posted the pictures of this car about a year ago. They were originally posted on www.dailysportscar.net, a British sports car racing news site. I asked their permission to repost the photos and they gave it. I forget the details, but the car was run in an endurance race in Brazil, sort of a club race open to all car classes. I posted six photos of the car.
mudfoot76
A PO of my car installed this wing. I think it was purchased from AA. It is made out of FG, and while I think it looks OK, I doubt it does anything to produce downforce:
Scott Carlberg
here is an Audi 1.8t powered 914 racecar WITH a wing too!

SirAndy
QUOTE (jflash914 @ Dec 19 2005, 08:05 AM)
I would have thought that the wing would give you more down force at high speeds?

only if the angle is right. his wing looks like it's facing upward, which would give him lift ...

wink.gif Andy
orange914
ya i know this is not a 914 but i think they got this wing at home-depot blink.gif

orange914
here is my wing but it came with the car

i dont know where it came from dry.gif
SirAndy
duck-tail on my car ...

Rand
Another wing...

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.