Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheels and tires and spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
So I'm test fitting the 16x9's with tire on the flared car to try and get the spacer issue sorted.

In the rear, one 5mm spacer does the trick. In the front, two 5 mm spacers and 2mm of washers (for a total of 12mm) and the tire still rubs on the strut. Is it common to need more spacer in the front? I can help the situation by getting narrower front tires, but it won't solve it. It loons like I need 20mm of spacer minimum, 25 to be safe. At that point I start to worry if it'll hit the flare.

pics:

bondo
closer:
bondo
front:
bondo
another angle: (last pic)
McMark
Royce, crawl under the car and pull the torsion bar end caps on both sides. Then you can drop it to any height you want and check fitment. smile.gif
bondo
QUOTE (McMark @ Dec 16 2005, 05:13 PM)
Royce, crawl under the car and pull the torsion bar end caps on both sides.  Then you can drop it to any height you want and check fitment.  :)

Not without more spacers! The reason the front is sitting so high in the pic is because the upper part of the strut came down and hit the tire!

I just checked the front with a wheel that doesn't have a tire on it. it takes 12mm of spacer for the wheel to not contact the strut!
rick 918-S
IIRC Brad said it's good to run wider track in the front. From the looks of the wheels to flares you've got lots of room. I think My wheels are spaced 125mm
bondo
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 16 2005, 05:49 PM)
IIRC Brad said it's good to run wider track in the front. From the looks of the wheels to flares you've got lots of room. I think My wheels are spaced 125mm

125mm? That's almost 5 inches! That'd be quite a spacer!

It looks like I'll need a 1" spacer in the front to make the backspacing close to a 7" cookie cutter (which fits). Anyone know of a cheap place for 1" 4 lug spacers?
rick 918-S
Ooops, I mean 1.25" screwy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (bondo @ Dec 16 2005, 05:12 PM)
another angle: (last pic)

plenty of space to go wider in the front. i see at least another 1" in there ...

smile.gif Andy
Mueller
I found a company that'll make replacement outer shells for those rims....I wish I had found this place when I still owned those 16x9s you know have headbang.gif

Kodiak Wheels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.