Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DWDesign Aluminum oil tanks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
BigD9146gt
**********UPDATE**********

Ok, back up and running! As of 2.26.07, I have 4 oil tanks ready as well as my new oil filler necks.

Cheers, Don.

Sorry guys, I'm out of tanks for the year. sad.gif I have the materials/parts on order and will be in mid-January to February, and I should have tanks ready by mid to late February. welder.gif

Again, my apologies if this messes up anyones holiday gift plans...

Cheers, Don. 12.7.06

Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to let everyone know that the DWDesign aluminum oil tanks are now available and ready to ship as of 12.17.05. To get all the info on them, just go to the club store and click on the "Engine" tab.

Happy holidays!

Don Welch
grantsfo
Club store shows the tanks as back ordered. Do you have any inventory currently. I'm just shopping right now, but if I make a decision I want to make sure you have the tank.
736conver
Don has been selling these on ebay. Dont know if there are any up right now though
lapuwali
Since the club store is "closed" at the moment, could we have some details posted to this thread, please?
pete-stevers
agree.gif
i would love to see a pic......
pete-stevers
I am still waiting..........
BigD9146gt
my friend has some good pics on his site.

http://rebelracingproducts.com/EngineRelated.html
pete-stevers
THAT my freinds......is one good looking tank!!!!
how is it baffled?....is the baffleing improved....
how has the plumbing been improved.....
i might add...it seems like a great price as well!!!!
BigD9146gt
Everything inside the oil tank is 100% identical to the original tank except for the oil line which dumps the oil back in from the oil filter. The oil in the stock tank dumped at the front of the tank, the oil in the DWD tank dumps at the rear to greatly improve cooling. The DWD tank holds 1 more quart than the stock steel tank, and has been tested extensively in two 914-6 3.2 Carrera engine equiped cars.

Cheers, Don.
MoveQik
I sent a PM...no response yet so I'll try here. Your friends site quotes them at $600. Is that the price you are offing us here or is there a special secret non-club discount? biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Update - I ordered one from the website listed above(rebelracingproducts.com) and received it in a few days. I had it drop shipped directly to Joe O'Brien and he claims the tank is extremely nice. I talked to a guy named Clint. Seemed like a good guy. Here is my tank - PROGRESS THREAD
grasshopper
how much $$$
MoveQik
A quick update...the part is installed. It fits and works extremely well. Nice product. thumb3d.gif
BigD9146gt
Michael,

Thanks for the kind words... Its always nice to hear good things about a product that requires lots of money and time to create. Your car looks awesome, I cannot wait for the day I get to enjoy mine.

Cheers, Don.
seanery
the friend's webpage shows this item as NLA is that so?
BigD9146gt
Sean,

I still make the tanks, my friend however purchased a large quantity but has since sold them all... thus the NLA (at that price). I however have more on the shelf ready to go.

Cheers, Don
seanery
sweet! Do you have the console and the other necessary items, too?
How much diretly from you?
BigD9146gt
Sean,

I only make the oil filter stand at the moment, the filler neck in a few months. The tank alone is $650, filter stand alone $125, together $700.

Cheers, Don
jj83118
Don,

Any word on the progress of the new tanks?

Thanks,

Jim
jim912928
yes..prggress progress progress update!
BigD9146gt
Hey guys,

I just received the sheet metal from the lazer cutters earlier this week, and currently working on the CNC machines for all the odds-n-ends. I have enough materials to make a handfull of tanks and I will start on them this week... but after I finish the oil filler necks.

Guys, I just want to say thanks for being patient with me. I love making these parts to keep your projects on the road, but its a pure after-hours affair. I've got a bunch of big projects coming in this week, so I will do my best to set aside time for my parts. If you don't already know, I'm a machinest/fabricator for a world famous machine shop. We're not known like Jesse James is, but the hundreds of movies (all the Star Wars, True Lies, Judge Dread, etc.) that has used Motion Control Movie equipment that was designed and made in my shop. That, along with countless race car parts(From Hotrods to Mustangs to Porsches), agricultural tools, pre-Rock Shox downhill bicycles that owned everyone, 3dm downhill skate boarding trucks, etc, you've seen or unknowingly seen something we've made or designed. This week I'll be making some CNC foam cutting machines which cut blocks of foam into shapes that then get coated with a stucco material for cheap cosmetic insulation of homes and businesses.

Cheers guys, have a happy and safe Super Bowl Sunday (I'll be at work making filler necks and oil tanks smile.gif )
McMark
Good stuff, Don. thumb3d.gif

Put me on the list for two filler necks from the first batch. biggrin.gif

Also, you might want to update your first post in this thread.
rfuerst911sc
UPDATE- I received the answer from Don Welch it takes a OC61. I just received my DW Design oil tank and it is a thing of beauty biggrin.gif But what oil filter does it take? I will want to use a Mahle filter but don't know what number to use? beerchug.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Jul 28 2007, 04:02 PM) *

UPDATE- I received the answer from Don Welch it takes a OC61. I just received my DW Design oil tank and it is a thing of beauty biggrin.gif But what oil filter does it take? I will want to use a Mahle filter but don't know what number to use? beerchug.gif

Seems like you answered your own question biggrin.gif I have this set up and it uses a Mahle OC61 filter. I just put a fresh one in two days ago. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.