Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ultamate 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
olav
Man, Porsche did it again making the ultimate 914 in carbon fiber with a V10 and changed the name to "disguise" it.
Of coure it's modernized with a larger wheel base etc but, check out the top!! It's the same but in the color of the car like the 916.

You gotta hand it to'em.
tryan
kinda makes you want to take a second job or two or three..............
Demick
Just a bit more sporty than a 914 though. And a bit more money.
'Targa' top on this one is 2 separate pieces and stores in the front trunk. Personally, I think they did an amazing job with the top. When it was first announced, I had a hard time imagining how they would do the hard top without looking horrible - but they pulled it off perfectly. Often times, cars designed specifically with an open top fail when they try and close it up. Ever see a BMW Z8 with the top up? Ugh - it absoulutely ruins one of the most beautiful cars made. Same goes with the early Vipers.

Demick
'74 2.0
Mueller
Thar car looks HUGE.......I'd still take one smile.gif
drew365
Someone needs to come up with a good body kit for the 914 that looks like the GT. I wonder who would be the first to try to find a V-10 to squeeze in their teener?
ThinAir
Probably Malmz... seems to be addicted to stick strange things into 914s. smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Somebody already has a CarreraGT body kit for the Fiero. I'm sure one for the 914 is being fabbed up as we speak.

B
richardL
I heard that a Carrera GT recently did the old circuit at the Nurburgring in 7m 30 sec - which is pretty fast!

Richard
Jeroen
We had the luck to see (and hear!!!) the Carrera GT when we were at the factory in october 2000
They just rolled it out of the truck that came back from the Paris Auto Salon

This is truely an amazing car! And if you ever had any doubts if Porsche was still into manufacturing a true sportscar, this one will take them away for sure

It's still a "bit" outta my league, but considering it's about half the price of a GT1, I'd say it's a bargain biggrin.gif

I'm just glad that they are actually gonna sell it, instead of it being just another study. And it looks like the actual production model will be very similar to the show car as well (unlike the Boxster)

The V10 is just about the ultimate in engine music. It's much like hearing a F1 car revving.
If you're curious, check here for a short movie-clip with sound!

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.