Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your SuperTrapp too LOUD?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
I ordered and tonight installed a newsound deadening blanket (their term, not mine) on the the muffler insert. I am amazed how much quieter the car is. Funny thing, it is a direct flow muffler, so it must just be the way the sound waves bounce around in the chamber.

Ordered from Racer Parts Wholesale. Item called a repack kit, and cost $39.58
drew365
How does it install? I wonder ir it would be enough to get down to 92db for Laguna Seca?
Trekkor
Is it similar to a baffle for those VW stinger megaphones?

I had one on all my Vee-Dubs wub.gif

KT
Mugs914
How much packing is in the kit? would it be enough to re-pack one of these things? Wouldn't hurt to quiet 'em down a bit...
wertygrog
wow that's really cool!

What's that setup called?

Brent
gregrobbins
Check out the web site, they have several different repack kits of different sizes. I will take some photos tomorrow and post.
JmuRiz
QUOTE (wertygrog @ Dec 17 2005, 08:06 PM)
wow that's really cool!

What's that setup called?

Brent

It's called motorcycle exhaust with custom mounts, haha.
I always wondered why more didn't do the motorcycle muffler route.
effutuo101
Hmm I wonder how that would work on a suby conversion? I really like the way that looks and I am sure the sound is great!
Chris
JmuRiz
Just be sure to get slip-ons that are made for a 1000cc bike and it should be good to go.
rpmmaxxed
Hmm I wonder how that would work on a suby conversion? I really like the way that looks and I am sure the sound is great!
Chris

ohhhhhhhhhh, if only you knew... wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
jgara962
Did it work?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.