Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry for sounding stupid but...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
How would someone ship fiberglass fenders from Fla to Cali????

Intact and cheap. biggrin.gif

I figure more than a few big parts have been shipped by fine 914club people such as yourselves...

beerchug.gif popcorn[1].gif
GWN7
Greyhound
nine14cats
Roger,

Alot of folks on this site have used Greyhound Lines to ship. I don't know if it's still an option, but I remember a few years ago a thread about how cheap it was to ship fendors. I think Brad talked about it.

Thanks,

Bill P.
boxstr
If you do not have a box yet go to a bicycle shop and get a box that they use to ship bicycles in . They work great.
Get the dimensions, then contact DHL get a quote and ship.
CCLINUPSSUXUPSSUXUPSSUXUPSSUXUPSSUXUPSSUXUPSSUXUPSSUXUPSSUX
J P Stein
I have had FG things shipped via Greyhound. Ya gotta go pick your stuff up at a station, but it's cheep & quick....like a day or 2 (CA to WA).Oversize (per UPS) is OK by the hound.
watsonrx13
How very appropriate, I have metal front fenders that I need to ship.

I'm planning to box each fender in a separate box, then tape the 2 boxes together, then cover with brown wrapping paper. I'll bubble-wrap each fender before they go in their box. Any problems with this approach?

BTW, great idea about the bicycle shop, I'm going to go by tomorrow and see if they have any empties. In the past, I've shipped rear fenders in a u-haul garment bag successfully.....but it did add an extra expense, about $10/each...

-- Rob

Kerrys914
I shipped a FG rear lid across state lines and the buyer wanted me to CUT the lid in half to save on shipping costs. I guess he has some FG skills and figured it was no big deal. sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif wacko.gif

So I cut the LID up and shipped it. From what I heard it came out looking great smile.gif
Andyrew
The fenders you shipped me looked great! (amazingly enough!)

Wasnt it like 48 bucks to ship it?
Dr. Roger
andyrew,

were your fenders shipped greyhound?

if so, were they wrapped or boxed? cool.gif

thanks,
roger
Andyrew
Boxed (in two boxes put together longways, taped)

Greyhound.

They took care of it greatly.
Aaron Cox
gwn7 sent me a window from canada...

creative packaging and great service...its now in my car.

AA
GWN7
That window actually came from Calgary, AB to Winnipeg, MB and then to Corona, Ca by Greyhound......the coveralls I added to the ouside of the box didn't make it tho....
dmenche914
Ship them via the panama canal, the route around the cape is longer, and more expensive.
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Dec 18 2005, 10:23 PM)
Ship them via the panama canal, the route around the cape is longer, and more expensive.

laugh.gif I think someones been hitting the CaptainMorgan... laugh.gif smoke.gif

thanks guys. you've been a huge help.

Hopefully Harry S. from back east will hook me up with some sweet Sheridan flared fenders, ship them greyhound, and the universe will once again be at peace. aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Roger
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.