Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: HD TV Holy Shit!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
So, after much looking I got the Sony 50" rear projection LCD. Not state of the art, not plasma, but looked best in the eyeball test with regular TV signal. Has some kind of signal doubler that fakes HD. Since we only get 6 HD channels now, and all the sets looked good in HD, this was my pick.
So my buddy sees it and brings me his old Bose surround system that was gathering dust in the garage. Little speakers that sound like big ones. Hook up that puppy, plug in the laptop, and wow. I'm surfing, listening to James Taylor, and in the Stoli. Life is good smilie_pokal.gif
Picture doesn't do it justice.
Jenny
OMG!!! McMark is trapped in your TV!!! ohmy.gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Dec 18 2005, 12:14 AM)
OMG!!! McMark is trapped in your TV!!! ohmy.gif

and "snowman" prison guards! ohmy.gif

where's miles when you need him? he has to draw up an escape plan ASAP ....
ph34r.gif Andy
fiid
Yay. Congratulations!! We've had HD for a while and totally love it.

The HBO and SHO shows really make good use of the HD, btw - we've particularly enjoyed Six feet under, Carnivale, Rome, Huff, Sleeper Cell.
Howard
Ahndy, Miles on the right, Z on the left (go figure)
Jen, your cleavage was my first choice wub.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 17 2005, 11:08 PM)
So my buddy sees it and brings me his old Bose surround system that was gathering dust in the garage. Little speakers that sound like big ones.

Those speakers kick butt! Bose aren't the most efficient transducers on the block, but they rock!
scotty b
rolleyes.gif I was just at the BOSE factory outlet last weekend drooling and having an aureal orgasm. drooley.gif I need $8000.00 really quick ph34r.gif Their complete setup is really sweet. It comes with a reciever that werks as an am/fm reciever, cd player, dvd player, crossover for the speaker package and can be bought as an upgraded unit that you can store up to 3400(?) hrs of cd's on aktion035.gif
scotty b
unsure.gif OOPS 340 hrs of music blink.gif Linky linky

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_...dvd_subcategory
Allan
What concerns me is that you are sitting back drinking Stoli while watching a picture of McMark in bondage. unsure.gif
McMark
I thought I felt the hot wind of SoCal. That's for the billboard size me! biggrin.gif
fiid
QUOTE (scotty b @ Dec 18 2005, 08:30 AM)
rolleyes.gif  I was just at the BOSE factory outlet last weekend drooling and having an aureal orgasm. drooley.gif  I need $8000.00 really quick ph34r.gif Their complete setup is really sweet. It comes with a reciever that werks as an am/fm reciever, cd player, dvd player, crossover for the speaker package and can be bought as an upgraded unit that you can store up to 3400(?) hrs of cd's on  :headbanger:

Actually - Free BOSE stuff is okay - but generally Bose products are extremely well marketed, way over priced and not terribly good quality.

I would check out http://liquidtheater.com/editorial_56.html for more info - or do some searches on http://www.avsforum.com

Sorry to rain on the parade. HD is awesome and having nice speaker system to back it up is still awesome (esp when it's free!).

sjhowitson
Does anyone have a problem with glare off the screen on their HD TV? I want one but I get alot of light from windows. In the store they look great in a dark room but what about a well lite living room? drooley.gif
fiid
Our setup is front projection - so it's very sensitive to ambient light - we only use it with the shades down during the daytime.

Some of the LCDs and CRT TVs are better though.

Root_Werks
QUOTE (Headrage @ Dec 18 2005, 09:53 AM)
What concerns me is that you are sitting back drinking Stoli while watching a picture of McMark in bondage. unsure.gif

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.