Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG!! Look at this 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I found this on another site in a personal photo album. It was in with pictures of the 1983 IMSA Riverside 6-Hour race. No other info was given. The windshield and roof give it away.

Anyone seen it before???

neo914-6
Look in my signature about Jaide.

The owner has is "available" for $20k...
URY914
Damn Felix, that was quick! ohmy.gif

Shot me down in less than a minute. wacko.gif

I do remember that post now. screwy.gif

O well, add that pic to your collection.

Paul biggrin.gif
boxstr
I would love to that thing with the headlights open.
CCLINROCKYMTOYSTERS
Rand
I would love to that thing with the headlights open.

laugh.gif
Just don't turn on the lights at speed, or the wind resistance will rip them off and throw you into a spin! biggrin.gif
neo914-6
Actually the rear part of the headlight door swings down like the B+B Benz coupe...

Nice to know a few of us like the styling. We may never see it on the road again... sad.gif

Mugs914
Could you post a link to the site where you found the pic? I was at the Riverside race in '83 and would love to see the pics!
Rand
Actually the rear part of the headlight door swings down like the B+B Benz coupe...

Very cool.

Nice to know a few of us like the styling. We may never see it on the road again...

I respect the styling. Even if it's not 'my' style. Hopefullly it will continue to be seen, whether on the road or in car shows.
URY914
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Dec 18 2005, 10:40 PM)
Could you post a link to the site where you found the pic? I was at the Riverside race in '83 and would love to see the pics!

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/p...F-08531ABBD2B9}
maf914
Paul,

Thanks for the link to the Riverside photos. There are some great cars are in the set; Jaguar XJR-5, Lola T-600, Porsche 935 and 935 Moby Dick and Holbert's March.

The photo captions indicate the Holbert March is Porsche powered, but I wonder if that is correct. Holbert started with a Chevy powered March, then later switched to the turbo Porsche powered March when it was ready. But I thought the Porshe March had a large scoop and hump on the back back to house the intercooler. Does anyone know for sure?

I saw some of these cars at the '83 Sebring 12 Hrs and '83 Charlotte IMSA races.
URY914
QUOTE (maf914 @ Dec 19 2005, 06:21 AM)

The photo captions indicate the Holbert March is Porsche powered, but I wonder if that is correct. Holbert started with a Chevy powered March, then later switched to the turbo Porsche powered March when it was ready. But I thought the Porshe March had a large scoop and hump on the back back to house the intercooler. Does anyone know for sure?

I have about a dozen pictures and only the ones with the scoop on the back also have ANDIAL stickers on it. And since ANDIAL=Porsche it stands to reason that you are right . The scop does mean it has the turbo-6 in it.

Good catch. wink.gif
DJsRepS
The windsheild does not give it away! Thats way more glass than an OEM windshield. And the air intake in the front trunk hood looks like it is set upfor a rad but who would put a V8 or water cooled motor with all the bodie mod's and still run 4 lug rim's. Not Me if I had that kind of $$ and time to do all that. And if there were an radiator under that front fake air intake how would you access it from under the car. I see no front trunk line or ?? where is the fornt hood?? That car is ruined. At least it looks nice and alot of hard work went into it. Ha I bet it has a FORD motor in it. Just kidding but I hate the F word.

I would bet it has an aircooled 2.0L 4 bangger at best.
maf914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Dec 19 2005, 04:10 PM)
I have about a dozen pictures and only the ones with the scoop on the back also have ANDIAL stickers on it. And since ANDIAL=Porsche it stands to reason that you are right . The scop does mean it has the turbo-6 in it.

I think that the Andial stickers are the clue.

I checked a couple of books last night but didn't find the answer to the Holbert March Chevy/Porsche issue. I think there was an article by Bill Oursler in Panorama this past year that dealt with Holbert's Marches. The Porsche powered cars were built as a stop gap effort until the Porsche 962 customer cars were delivered. He took delivery of at least four 83G's, two Chevy powered and two Porsche powered. He won the IMSA title in '83 with both Chevy and Porsche power. One of the Porshe Marches went to the Kreepy Krawly team, who won the '84 Daytona 24 Hrs, and the other Porsche March went, I think (maybe), to the Red Lobster team.
CptTripps
I keep thinking it looks like a Pantera

Kinda strange...
URY914
QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Dec 20 2005, 05:47 AM)
The windsheild does not give it away! .

I was really refering to the top of the w/s and the w/s frame and the vent window.
That is what gave it away for me.
neo914-6
QUOTE (URY914 @ Dec 20 2005, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Dec 20 2005, 05:47 AM)
The windsheild does not give it away!   .

I was really refering to the top of the w/s and the w/s frame and the vent window.
That is what gave it away for me.

Paul has a good eye. 914 windshield "frame" with a newly molded windshield that is more curved.

Mike, if you read the link to Jaide you can find out what it has in it. Good question on how the hood opens but I think the whole front lifts. The workmanship was very good, the styling was not done by a trained designer. I always appreciate the effort and the fact the builders got a couple of these cars on the road... wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
The seats and the instrument binnacle give it away. The Cap'n
736conver
I would bet it has an aircooled 2.0L 4 bangger at best.

I dont think it has an engine in it. Look at the camber of the wheels.
jasons
It looks like it has a 924/944 rear hatch glass.
DJsRepS
Hey I replied to the wide windsheild first. Paul was refering to the 914 he saw in the car.

And what are they doing with all the front trunk space with no apparent opening unless those huge lights flip up too. ( I read they go down )

I know the whole the whole front end flips foward revealing the Corvette drive trane to those 4 lug wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.