Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone make a fiberglass valance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
I checked AIR, GT Racing, and Getty catalogs already...
DanT
if you are talking the OE steel valence, Performance Products has a fiberglass replica.
Catalog #59P
Page 147

Part #906280
neo914-6
Thanks Dan! smilie_pokal.gif
motorhead
I'm running the "factory" f/g piece from PP. Don't have pics right now, but it is a pretty nice looking and well fitting valance. Still looks pretty stock, just a little grumpy.

Might be my imagination, but the car seemed like the ass end got a bit light at high speeds, and this seemed to calm it down a bit. It's been about 16-17 years since I installed it so we're going on memory here biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (motorhead @ Dec 19 2005, 06:57 AM)
I'm running the "factory" f/g piece from PP. Don't have pics right now, but it is a pretty nice looking and well fitting valance. Still looks pretty stock, just a little grumpy.

Might be my imagination, but the car seemed like the ass end got a bit light at high speeds, and this seemed to calm it down a bit. It's been about 16-17 years since I installed it so we're going on memory here biggrin.gif

"Grumpy", do you mean aesthetically? I like the shape of it since it gives the front end more curved shape.

Seems it would be less stable at high speed since it allows more air under the car...

Thanks for your input!
brant
When I was building, I found out that the FG was only about 1lb lighter than metal.

In my case I had a metal that I could metal work back into good enough shape, and it wasn't worth the 100bucks for 1lb (outside of my $50 per a lb rule)

just throwing this out incase you happen to have a metal one available to you. (of course you may not be bound by the same $50/lb rule that I used)

brant
jhadler
Speaking of valences....

Did the LE have a valence behind the spoiler? Did all 914-4s have the steel valence? At some point, I knew this, but I can't remember now...

-Josh2
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jhadler @ Dec 19 2005, 11:55 AM)
Speaking of valences....

Did the LE have a valence behind the spoiler? Did all 914-4s have the steel valence? At some point, I knew this, but I can't remember now...

-Josh2

LE's had a fiberglass airdam...

all other 914's had a steel curved valence
jhadler
And no valance behind the air dam right?

-Josh2
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jhadler @ Dec 19 2005, 12:52 PM)
And no valance behind the air dam right?

-Josh2

nope
motorhead
By grumpy, I mean it just makes the car seem a bit more angry (?) As far as the stability, I think it might move a bit mor air around the car and a bit less under it. Don't know for sure, but the car just seems more planted in that 80-100 mph range
TravisNeff
I thought the real LE's had a steel front spoiler vs. fiberlgass.
r_towle
According to the holy book of CW perfection in restoration...

I quote from the book of Johnson (Dr. cool.gif
Page 20:3:2

the holy spoiler was made, and of a white gel coated fiberglass was it made...

Smooth on both sides, told to use this day...

Brother Rich

motorhead
Pics of the PP fiberglass LE valence/air dam
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Dec 19 2005, 10:06 PM)
I thought the real LE's had a steel front spoiler vs. fiberlgass.

FG with a 914 PN biggrin.gif
cakanous
There is one now on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porsche-914-Front-Spoi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ends in about 11 hours.

About 70 bucks, no bids yet.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (cakanous @ Dec 20 2005, 01:30 PM)
There is one now on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porsche-914-Front-Spoi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ends in about 11 hours.

About 70 bucks, no bids yet.

that appears to be a "Snowplow" style
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.