Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal New Year's Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Howard
Latest forecast (1pm Friday) is no rain for Sunday, so back to plan 'A'.
Please understand that this is their run, but all are invited to tag along.

Run will start from TRE No Hollywood 8am ish.
I won't be there, but will be at first stop, Gelsons Calabasas 9am ish.
Twisty tour from there, TRE will provide route.
Pack your own picnic lunch and beverages!!
Lunch location is Tapia Park on Malibu Cyn/Las Virgenes

In case it does rain, we can go back to my place.

Please check Link for latest updates.
Carlitos Way
I'm all for running our own way. Some of those guys took things a little TOO seriously last year. A certain MINI driver comes to mind. But I'll go along either way.
SLITS
happy11.gif There was also this M3 which Slits was not going to let go of............

Oh...it wasn't racing.....it was "spirited driving" rolleyes.gif
drew365
I've never done this run and TRE is fairly close to me, so if I can get the car into street attire before then, I plan on being at TRE at 8. Hope to see you guys somewhere along the way. Hopefully, not with flashing blue lights parked behind you. Is Slits going? biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (drew365 @ Dec 19 2005, 09:30 AM)
I've never done this run and TRE is fairly close to me, so if I can get the car into street attire before then, I plan on being at TRE at 8. Hope to see you guys somewhere along the way. Hopefully, not with flashing blue lights parked behind you. Is Slits going? biggrin.gif

I am not fixing the pushrod tubes leaks so I can "blind" the blue meanies with oil all over their windshields. ph34r.gif
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 19 2005, 08:26 AM)
happy11.gif There was also this M3 which Slits was not going to let go of............

At least you waited until you got to the straightaway, and dind't insist on passing through blind corners on Mulholland.
Mike D.
I'll probably go with the TRE group. we were just talking about it yesterday. I've done the run with this group several times, it's fun.
It's really fun when your stock 2.0 914 is sticking right on the ass of a 50K Ferrari and the guy gets out of his car to come back and see what engine you have... biggrin.gif
-Mike D.
Brando
Doesn't matter. Make a decision so we got a route. I'm looking forward to being sober for this one. ph34r.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Brando @ Dec 19 2005, 01:11 PM)
Doesn't matter. Make a decision so we got a route. I'm looking forward to being sober for this one. ph34r.gif

We all meet at Howie's house @ 6 am. Suzi wub.gif will serve coffee and donuts from 6:30 to 8:30 am. Howie will buy us all breakfast at the Flying J Truck Stop.......etc, etc,......
rick 918-S
Howard, Have a cup O Coffee for me! aktion035.gif
MattR
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 19 2005, 08:26 AM)

If officer cornholio didnt buy it at wcc 05, what makes you think next time will be any different?
Howard
Bump. Please see first post!!
SLITS
"rump".....for Aaron, Matt & Brandon
Carlitos Way
Anybody need ballast???
SLITS
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 26 2005, 11:05 AM)
Anybody need ballast???

Nope...you will have the emulsion stacks in your possession....quit whining and get to work.........
Howard
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 26 2005, 10:05 AM)
Anybody need ballast???

I don't know. Still seeing the same young lady? wub.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 26 2005, 11:25 AM)
Anybody need ballast???

thanks for the compliment howard av-943.gif
campbellcj
I've done the TRE run before and it's a good one. This year we'll be in Mammoth so drive safe and avoid the radar y'all...
Brando
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 26 2005, 10:05 AM)
"rump".....for Aaron, Matt & Brandon

Hey now, don't lump me in with them ugly-bumpers poke.gif

So, are we taking our own route to meet at TRE, our own route south? Following the pack? (or, passing them I should say.)
Carlitos Way
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 26 2005, 10:25 AM)
Anybody need ballast???

Nope. To answer your question, she's MIA. Too many issues/hassles with the ex, parents and kid.

Next!!!!!!
Brad Roberts
I'm in. I've got nothing planned for New Years eve, so I'll bust up O'dark thirty and join at least one of the groups. I'll either bring the Boxster or the RUF RGT.

B
TimT
bring the Boxster or the RUF RGT

That would be a pretty easy decision for me happy11.gif

hey Brad wavey.gif
Brad Roberts
The Boxster I can replace *if* something happens.. I cannot replace the RGT.. much less have the nose painted if I scuff it laugh.gif

The Boxster doesnt have a soft top anymore.. could be a chilly ride up..

B
jim_hoyland
Baring weather issues, I'm going
dekman
Count me in Howard! (9:14AM at Gelsons). Hey , somebody bring some donuts... aktion035.gif Will try to get Linda to come...she misses you Howard!
Malmz
[delurk]

Here is an idea of what you can look forward to. I'm sure it's much bigger now since this was a few years ago.

http://www.malmz.com/signatur/drives/hango...r2003/index.htm

sm

[/re-lurk...]
Brando
I'm going to take my ugly-ass 914 that handles really good just to deprecieate the value of those real Porsches.
BMITCHELL
Check the weather. Could be the first time in 50 years that it rains on New Years Day.
SLITS
QUOTE (BMITCHELL @ Dec 28 2005, 01:02 PM)
Check the weather.  Could be the first time in 50 years that it rains on New Years Day.

I'm out......I don't have chains for my teener

Westlake Village....................

Sat
Dec 31 Rain
61°/45° 60%

Sun
Jan 1 Few Showers
62°/47° 30%

Mon
Jan 2 Few Showers
61°/42° 30%

Howard
Well, the latest on the news is that Sunday will be clear. Subject to change, of course, and the roads will be damp, at least.

Unless it's raining hard, I'll be at Gelsons around 8:30. So pack a picnic lunch, we'll go on the run or at worst go back to my place, tell bad jokes, and wrench or watch movies. Somebody bring CV joints and rear wheel bearings. Moby is howling and I'm not sure what the problem is. smile.gif
Allan
You live in a tepee.

Maybe Jay is up for brunch...

Thanks Howard...

givemebeer.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 28 2005, 07:47 PM)
Somebody bring CV joints and rear wheel bearings. Moby is howling and I'm not sure what the problem is. smile.gif

Has Aaron or Matt visited you lately.... sheeplove.gif
Howard
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 28 2005, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 28 2005, 07:47 PM)
Somebody bring CV joints and rear wheel bearings.  Moby is howling and I'm not sure what the problem is.  :)

Has Aaron or Matt visited you lately.... sheeplove.gif

Didn't think of that. It is coming from the back end...
SLITS
Hmmmmmmm....

1.) Lack of gear oil in the tranny

2.) Intermediate plate bearing taking a stromberg.gif Sound would possibly change with changing gears

3.) One of the wheel bearings going south sheeplove.gif Sound would change with speed, but not with gears.

4.) CV joints would make a clicking / clunking sound mainly on turns, but if bad enough, most anytime

If you don't have the **gasp** Porsche tool for the wheel bearings, you don't want to try and change them just before a fun run.

CV joints would be easy...swap the entire axle

901s do not like V8 power, but you already know that. I have a G50/G64, rebuilt, but the installation would require that you sell your house, Suzi, Atilla and your body (which no one wants anyway).
Howard
And the latest update from PP, lunch at Dukes on PCH. Stay tuned..

Duke's
campbellcj
Dukes sucks...
brer
Kelly says her first New Years resolution to be more adventurous,
so I said "wanna get up at 5am and go on a porsche run?"

we're coming, as long as i get my car in satisfactory running condition by then.

no 5 bolt or new exhuast most likely, but the valves should be adjusted by then.

8;30

Gelsons on Ventura in Encino?
Howard
Gelsons on Mulholland in Calabasas.
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 29 2005, 10:51 PM)
Gelsons on Mulholland in Calabasas.

Howie...iszat the 101 and Lost Hills? Or an addy so I can streets and trip it. I want real breakfast....not that funky politically correct bullshit!
Howard
Freakin' WCC again????

1. NO TRACK FEES.
2. TRE in North Hollywood at 8 if you like.
3. Gelsons Calabasas at 9. I'll be there.
4. No plan for breakfast prior to run. Coffee and Bakery available at Gelsons.
5. Motate over the canyon roads and end up Tapia Park
6. If weather really sucks we go to my place for normal BS session and private screening of 'Young Frank' and/or 'Blazing Saddles'.
7. Link to Gelsons with map for you internet impaired types.
8. 幸福的新年!
SLITS
Wolfgang Puck Express
Fine Selection of Natural and Kosher Foods
Fresh Sushi Made Daily
Shopping Carts for the Physically Challenged (you're in Howie)
Viktor Benês Bakery & Coffee Bar (Open 6 am daily

Oh please barf.gif .....I'll do the Flying J Truckstop or Waffle House or Steak & Egg Kitchen chowtime.gif
Toast
Dont think i'll make it.
Rear brakes squeling bad. Long drive for body.

Howie, still considering having a BBQ?

Have fun guys! burnout.gif
Dad Roberts
Think they would object to a lil ole Vdub cruzin along?.........Dad driving.gif
Howard
Nope! C'mon out, old timer smile.gif
Dad Roberts
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 30 2005, 12:47 PM)
Nope! C'mon out, old timer smile.gif

biggrin.gif .........be nice biggrin.gif
Howard
Boing. Some changes, go to first post.
drew365
I put my street tires on, license plates, windshield wipers. I even put RainX on the windshield. So if it's not raining at 7am I'm good to go. We're having company for New Years Eve so I expect to be a little crisp around the edges.
Howard, (knower or all things), where is Tapia Park? And are there any fees to get in? wink.gif
Howard
Andy, go here and enter tapia park. biggrin.gif

Then you can try TRE, Duke's Malibu, etc. It's a miracle! poke.gif
drew365
Who knew Parks had addresses and phone numbers? It really is a miracle. beer.gif
dekman
Its raining in Ojai............. sad.gif (top on, rain tires on, check wiper blades...good to go!) biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.