Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Pa
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IanStott
I know they have a big swap meet in Hershey in April, anyone know the dates and other data? Trying to organize my calendar and I really want to go to this, so other stuff has to work around the acquisition of parts!! i am hoping that there are lots of vendors and booths etc. like the big Air Shows.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Kerrys914
Don't have the actual dates but in the past it has been the 3rd weekend in April. This year is weird since the 1st is on a SAT. I would schedule April 22 as the day.

Cheers and see you there wink.gif beer.gif
Racing916
Usually the 3rd Saturday in April is correct
70Sixter
http://www.centralpaporsche.org/ usually (but not yet) has info. Must be a hangover from the Parade! beerchug.gif
type47
date depends on what you are looking for........

if you're shopping for 914 parts (like i might be), then the swap meet is 3rd saturday in SEPTEMBER wink.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (IanStott @ Dec 19 2005, 09:56 AM)
I know they have a big swap meet in Hershey in April, anyone know the dates and other data? Trying to organize my calendar and I really want to go to this, so other stuff has to work around the acquisition of parts!! i am hoping that there are lots of vendors and booths etc. like the big Air Shows.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Lots and lots of vendors there! The only pitfall is the weather. It usually sucks ,but occasionally you get the good over the bad.
djm914-6
The only pitfall is the weather. It usually sucks

I disagree. The weather doesn't suck or blow... it just pours. It;s hard to sell tee shirts when they're all wet.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Dec 19 2005, 02:35 PM)
The only pitfall is the weather. It usually sucks

I disagree. The weather doesn't suck or blow... it just pours. It;s hard to sell tee shirts when they're all wet.

Although the year before last it was rather nice. There was a huge turnout.We took my brother for the first time and his jaw dropped when he seen all the p-cars. wub.gif
RON S.
I'd too like to know the date.

They have always posted it a year in advance,and I need to get a room reserved soon.

Please someone post the correct date.

Ron
Kerrys914
Lets try to get one hotel picked out and have all the CLUB guys stay there smile.gif I have stayed at a few in the area. The Days INN is cheap and close by. Nothing FANCY.

IIRC the rate was in the high $60's/night.

I can call around if there is interest in doing this.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Dec 20 2005, 08:26 AM)
Lets try to get one hotel picked out and have all the CLUB guys stay there smile.gif I have stayed at a few in the area. The Days INN is cheap and close by. Nothing FANCY.

Were in! We will not have a 914 there,but we will be.Post info when you get it.Thanks. icon_bump.gif
RON S.
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Dec 20 2005, 09:49 AM)

Were in! We will not have a 914 there,but we will be.Post info when you get it.Thanks. icon_bump.gif

I have always stayed @ the Econolodge in Grantville.

50-60 a night,about 7 miles from the event.

I like to sleep cheaply. biggrin.gif

Ron
nomore9one4
QUOTE (RON S. @ Dec 20 2005, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Dec 20 2005, 09:49 AM)

I have always stayed @ the Econolodge in Grantville.

50-60 a night,about 7 miles from the event.

I like to sleep cheaply. biggrin.gif

Ron

We stayed at the courtyard last time. It was under renovations at the time and was not very nice. We usually stay at the Marriot and just may do that again. Are you taking your 914 Ron?
RON S.
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Dec 20 2005, 12:08 PM)
Are you taking your 914 Ron?

Ahhh, No.

Driving a teener 650 miles w/o any tags or insurance really flies in the face of the local constabulatory.

I don't wanna star in the latest remake of the Getaway.

Seriously,I always drive sumptin big enough to haul parts back with.I'm going for the parts,and every year there is sumptin I just gotta bring home.

Ron
nomore9one4
QUOTE (RON S. @ Dec 20 2005, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Dec 20 2005, 12:08 PM)
Are you taking your 914 Ron?

Ahhh, No.

Driving a teener 650 miles w/o any tags or insurance really flies in the face of the local constabulatory.

I don't wanna star in the latest remake of the Getaway.

Seriously,I always drive sumptin big enough to haul parts back with.I'm going for the parts,and every year there is sumptin I just gotta bring home.

Ron

I hear that! I will not take mine unless its on a trailor and with gas prices its not worth the extra weight. Last time I scored a set of brand new 916 bumpers for $100 and a steel painted front bumper in perfect shape for $10 The guy did not want to haul them home! smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.