Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who here thinks THE BACKROUND SHOULD CHANGE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
do you guys and gals want a different backround on the 914 club? maybe something envolving the holiday (Christmas) that is coming up beerchug.gif

i personally dont know how to do it but i would think that if theres enough ideas about it, they'll probably change it. or if you guys know who could, we can probably ask.

just post your ideas

confused24.gif
blitZ
I find Anacona Blue quite festive...
JoeSharp
My feeling is that, it is changed so offten that, if you don't like the next one, your not going to like for a long time.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Jeroen
Yeah Kenny... that tone surely helps to get stuff done

Basically, the background don't change untill I feel it needs changing (and have time to dig into it)
Whining about it will only make things worse...

Oh... and there is always the "magic word"
jonwatts
I'm not as sick of the green as others; I just want to point out that since this non-club is volunteer supported then the volunteer that does that sort of thing is probably as busy as the rest of us this time of year with family and whatnot. If it were just a matter of changing an HTML color tag that would be easy enough, but it requires more of a graphic artist to redo a bunch of the buttons and banners, etc. (take the green 914 in the banner on top of every page for example).

If Jeroen is busy working on his car instead of this site then I say more power to him smile.gif
But if he's just sitting around picking his nose (or whatever they do over there) then c'mon buddy, show us a little love laugh.gif

Anything us numbskulls can do to help? Whenever I try to do a color change of something in Photoshop it comes out looking like bootyshake.gif

SLITS
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Dec 19 2005, 11:42 AM)

"Weed"? smoke.gif

"Shroom"?

"Window Pane"?

Give me a little help here................
seanery
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 19 2005, 01:44 PM)

"Weed"? smoke.gif

"Shroom"?

"Window Pane"?

GEEZE
SirAndy
and there is always the "magic word"

"bitch" ??? biggrin.gif

i'm with the guy with the wooden shoes on this one,
ask nicely and he might even devote some of his spare time to do a color change!

i liked the red and the yellow and the orange.
i like the current green as well.

how about PINK for our ladies?
idea.gif Andy
blitZ
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 19 2005, 10:44 AM)

"Weed"? smoke.gif

"Shroom"?

"Window Pane"?

stylesheets?
Mrs. K
Sounds like it would take a lot of time....so maybe a poll would be in order for the color anyway....then whenever Andy or whomever does it can do it .....super wub.gif
Trekkor
:crybaby:

Seriously, I use a monochrome display just in case any board color changes may offend me... chairfall.gif

ta-da...bump

KT
orange914
revised

sorry, i didn't mean it to come out that way or affend anyone, i was just trying to have some color change for the holidays.

also i didn't know it was that much work to have the color change sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (blitZ @ Dec 19 2005, 11:57 AM)
stylesheets?

show me your magic stylesheet that automatically changes colors of a
graphical button or logo and i'll make you a rich man!

until then, bs.gif

beerchug.gif Andy
Root_Werks
A festive red and green would be nice. smile.gif
orange914
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Dec 19 2005, 11:23 AM)
A festive red and green would be nice. smile.gif

beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
Jenny
That pink is a little too pepto bismol for my taste. icon8.gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Dec 19 2005, 12:35 PM)
That pink is a little too pepto bismol for my taste. icon8.gif

i think my car would look good in pink! wub.gif

Jenny
By the way, red and green may offend the non-christmas-celebratory people. The club (as an entity) may want to stay away from that. I think I'll start posting in 'festive' colors for the remainder of the month though. biggrin.gif

Jen
SLITS
BAH Humbug
Gint
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 19 2005, 11:44 AM)

"Weed"? smoke.gif

"Shroom"?

"Window Pane"?

LOL! Tha's some funny $h1t Ron.

Someone has obviously mistaken this site as some sort of democracy. biggrin.gif
Gint
Forgot again...

Merry Christmas & Happy Festivus!
GTeener
It isn't easy being green lol2.gif

Pink smilie_pokal.gif

Purple idea.gif

Andy- Your car looks great in hot pink wub.gif
Howard
It's better than that freak Dutch orange! Unless the green is Irish green and it was used to placate the Irish Protestants who use orange. Can't use red, color of communism, blue and white too Jewish; red, white and blue out for obvious reasons, silver and black too German, too many French haters here to use blue.

Red, white and green could be Mexican, but some may take it as Italian, supporting the position that Italian cars are better than German cars. Can't do that here, even if we do driver NARP's. Logos that include stars, crosses, circles, crescents are likewise banned.

White on white? flipa.gif

Gint, stick your Festivus pole where the sun don't shine. You're going to offend someone biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 19 2005, 06:20 PM)
Gint, stick your Festivus pole where the sun don't shine. You're going to offend someone biggrin.gif

That was the "point". wink.gif cool.gif
Lou W
How about PLAID.

Oh Yah; wreath.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Lou W @ Dec 19 2005, 05:32 PM)
How about PLAID.

Good try, Lou, but might offend gays and homophobes. Too rainbowish.
orange914
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 19 2005, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (Lou W @ Dec 19 2005, 05:32 PM)
How about PLAID.

Good try, Lou, but might offend gays and homophobes. Too rainbowish.

av-943.gif beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
I dunno, I am kind of partial to that Dutch orange...so I am game for that again. Iffn' it's more work, then whenever is a good time frame.

But whatever, I'm mostly happy that there's a 914club to open up on gray mornings like this one -- and that Jeroen, SirAndy, and several others make it possible.

Paint it atomic purple for all I care. biggrin.gif

pete

P.S. Andy, I *really* like your car in pink...a lot. Kinda like the golden days of RSRs IMHO.
Jeroen
QUOTE (orange914 @ Dec 19 2005, 08:13 PM)
revised

sorry, i didn't mean it to come out that way or affend anyone, i was just trying to have some color change for the holidays.

also i didn't know it was that much work to have the color change sad.gif

Kenny, it's cool wink.gif

Ron, keep guessing, yer gettin' real close av-943.gif

we had:
black/yellow
red
puyple
orange
green (now)

hmmm... maybe I'll do the pink Andy suggested, just to piss everyone off laugh.gif
idea.gif
Rand
Most boards are skinnable. Meaning it takes work by the admins to make new graphics and adjust stylesheets for each "skin," but once multiple schemes are available each user could choose the one they prefer in their user profile. Isn't this version of "Power Board" skinnable?

Personally, I don't care what color it is. I'm just thankful for this board and all the work the admins do. pray.gif
Jeroen
no color change, but I hope you enjoy the "festive" banner
(press CTRL+F5 if it looks the same)

ho, ho, f-ing ho!

biggrin.gif
campbellcj
Jeroen you ROCK ! Thanks for keeping this place running & looking good. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.