Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MassIVe guinea pig needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
If you are faint of heart or afraid of breaking parts, close the post- no need reading it...

I need someone for some real world testing... The right person will have a car already on the road with a 100% stock engine installed into it and in decent mechanical condition, a 2.0 engine would be the best.

I have been working on the Turbo kit and we are almost ready to release one for testing in the real world on a stock sized engine. The engine in my teener is a 2081cc and was specifically built for Turbo use, so a comparison from it is not likely to do the majority of guys out there much good.

Having someone to remove their engine, strip it down to the longblock and install my 914 DTM along with the Turbo arrangement with intercooler and the programmable EFI will give me a better idea of how much more refinement the arrangement may need before production/retail sales.

If you are the kind of guy thats wiling to push the envelope and at the same time critique my arrangement for me we need to talk.

I just need one person- the first guy that comes to me with an open mind, willingness to improvise, afdapt and overcome and 3K in his pocket gets the components for a beast thats taken up a whole lot of my time and effort! This is an engineered assembly that is 100% bolt on from the cooling system to the premapped EFI to the pre adjusted waste gate..

HP estimate for 1.7-1.8 engines is about 175
for 2.0 engines the traits arealready showing up that 200 ponies are a reality.

If you have any questions EMAIL ME at productdevelopment@aircooledtechnology.com DO NOT PM ME ( I hate PMs!)
DNHunt
Man

I wish I could but I'm having too much fun with my 2270. First gear is just too short.

Old smokie is sitting on the woodshed floor. It's a strong runner bot the heads need work. Also, the wife would kill me.

Geoff should do it

Dave
Allan
I got a 2.7 six you can tinker with... wink.gif
Jake Raby
Sixes have too many cylinders.....
Anyway-

Dave would be a GREAT person to do this one for me- he is meticulous enough to find every fitting gripe and patient enough to rebuild his engine 3 times and never bitch about it once!

Do it man...
DNHunt
Can't man. If I did I'd be moving my cot into the garage for sure. It's just the wrong time for me.

Seriosly, check with Geoff. He's certainly got the knowledge and experience.

Dave
JeffBowlsby
I'd offer the grasshopper 2.0L, but I can't afford the 3-Large...wrong time of year for me too...
Bruce Allert
I'll drive my Miata up to ya & you can have yer way wit it! rolleyes.gif if ya promise not to break it & I kin drive it home beer.gif

.....b
Jake Raby
Nothing wrong with a cot in the Garage..... laugh.gif
DNHunt
I know better than that. Hate to say it but, this time you are wrong Jake. A warm bed with my wife beats a cold garage with one of your engines. No offense but you can't compete with that.

Dave
Jake Raby
LOL..

as far as the offer of a Miata....

Well bring that baby right on up and I promise I'll give it a tune up like it's never experienced before.... I won't be happy till it's totaled.
Trevorg7
Jake - Email sent.

T
fiid
smilie_pokal.gif Awesome. I'd do it if I didn't already have a turbo-4.

Flat VW
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Dec 19 2005, 01:24 PM)
I'll drive my Miata ....

oooohhh, M-car mad.gif

John
airsix
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Dec 19 2005, 02:06 PM)
I'll drive my Miata ....

oooohhh, M-car mad.gif

John

Can't call Miata an "M car". That title is reserved for the BMW M1, M3, M5. Sorry, prior art and all that.

I wish I could take Jake up on his offer but I fail the "must be stock" criteria quite misserably.

-Ben M.
Andyrew
I wish those around me would take up the offer!!!

lol
jonwatts
Is this one big enough? He can play the piano.

user posted image
bernbomb914
we are building a new high rever which would make a good base if you are interested? the heads are done, the case line board, need to get some pistons and cyl from you with a 66mm or 71 mm stroke and the cam of your choice.

Bernie
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (airsix @ Dec 19 2005, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Dec 19 2005, 02:06 PM)
I'll drive my Miata ....

oooohhh, M-car mad.gif

John

Can't call Miata an "M car". That title is reserved for the BMW M1, M3, M5. Sorry, prior art and all that.

-Ben M.

Can too... if'n it's an "M" edition like mine cool.gif

OK Jake, so that cot is available whilst ya totally tune it for total hP & more??? Jes'might take ya up on it or I kin bring the supercharger along & you kin install & tune it wit that. I gotta choose first between 2oo hP or 300+ burnout.gif

........b Just funnin wit y'all rocking nana.gif
LvSteveH
PM..... I mean e-mail sent smile.gif I will gladly sacrifice my motors in the name of 914 kind.
messix
pick me!!! pick me!!! really pick me!!!!
Al Meredith
Jake, I'm within days of ordering the parts I need for my 2056 from you. Len has already finished the heads. I will be installing this engine in my 912E # 265 . My Son, Blake would be the ideal guinea pig for testing your Turbo Kit. We could install any size engine in the 912 and let Blake drive it for as long as you want. I'll have Blake email you . He works about 25 miles South of your shop. Al Meredith
Gint
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Dec 19 2005, 02:30 PM)
I know better than that. Hate to say it but, this time you are wrong Jake. A warm bed with my wife beats a cold garage with one of your engines. No offense but you can't compete with that.

Dave

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (Gint @ Dec 19 2005, 05:08 PM)
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Dec 19 2005, 02:30 PM)

Dave

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Joe Ricard
So you need a stock 2.0L D-jet motor? Hmm I just met a guy trying to unload a whole frigging mess. engine and trans are in good shape.
I was gathering parts for a new motor anyway.

Putting a turbo 2.0L in the red neck racer would really re-kindle my racing fire.

I know I can do it. You should Know I can do it. You already have my Email address.
Tom Perso
smilie_pokal.gif

Boost rocks!
Joe Ricard
Yea I agree I could talk Turbo this and that with the STS and 240SX Street mod crowd. wink.gif
Bleyseng
here's one!

DaveH, I have wiped out the car budget for this year. no can do.

popcorn[1].gif
Bruce Allert
Mornin' Geoff... nice colour 'd starter! smile.gif is that peuce?

.......b
Bleyseng
not my engine as thats a pic of a Crown 914 Turbo kit from the 70's
DNHunt
Man Geoff suck it up for the kid. Blair likes boost boldblue.gif

Dave
Bleyseng
Yeah he does, but he has a new GF who likes to spend $$ too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.