Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Sway Bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
19144jt
I have two parts cars with the stock front sway bars that go through the inner fender well on each side. My driver that I'm fixing up does not have a front sway bar. Can I put one from the parts car on my driver? What does it intail??

Thanks, John
bryanc
There is an article over at pelican parts describing the procedure.

Basically, you have to remove the gas tank, drill two 1" holes in the body, then mount the brackets. You will either need to swap a-arms with your parts cars or get the bolt on solution from weltmeister for the mounting tabs. The bolt on works ok, but welding them is stronger.

double-a
just did this a week ago! i put in an aftermarket 22mm bar, but installation process is basically the same no matter what bar you're putting in. pelican's guide is very helpful, and if you run into any trouble, there are many here who can help.

~a
dlo914
QUOTE (bryanc @ Dec 19 2005, 01:35 PM)
There is an article over at pelican parts describing the procedure.

Basically, you have to remove the gas tank, drill two 1" holes in the body, then mount the brackets. You will either need to swap a-arms with your parts cars or get the bolt on solution from weltmeister for the mounting tabs. The bolt on works ok, but welding them is stronger.

here's the link to the article http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...ont_swaybar.htm
dlo914
and here's the article for the rear sway bar if you decide to install one: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...4_rear_sway.htm
rjames
Anybody ever heard of the brand 'Turn 6' swaybars? I found a set of NOS, both front and rear for $195. Wondering if it's worth it, or if I should look to spend a little more for an adjustable and just get the front one.
Trekkor
This older thread may help you.

here:

KT
orange914
im thinking about a front bar addition also, but is this going to worsen handling without the rear bar(oversteer/balance issue)? confused24.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (orange914 @ Dec 19 2005, 07:51 PM)
im thinking about a front bar addition also, but is this going to worsen handling without the rear bar(oversteer/balance issue)? confused24.gif

tons, and tons of 914 came from the factory with only a front bar....

a stock skinny front bar is better than no bar at all...period

do not run a rear bar without a front bar, that is dangerous on our cars...

front bar only = yes
front and rear bar = yes
rear bar only = no

Trekkor
agree.gif with mueller.

I run both bars.

It seems that most do not confused24.gif

KT
jd74914
you have the bar to end all bars tho laugh.gif
Trekkor
True... cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.