Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: looking for Datsun 240Z, drivetrain opt'l.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikeyb33
I'm looking for a Datsun 240Z, don't need a working drivetrain (if any) but I'd prefer the body/chassis intact in reasonable condition.

Before I go to ebay, craig's list, etc, does anyone know anyone selling such a car?

Also, I'm sure there's enthusiast sites for the old Z's (like this site, for 914's) - does anyone know of any such sites offhand? My google search went from "2 bazillion found" to "0 found".. grr..

If anyone has any leads could you PM me, I'm not logged in here very often nowadays but I check email regularly -

thanks!!
mike
slivel
Recommend that you start here: http://www.classicdatsun.com/ and then check some of the links listed in the site.

I have a 73 (since new) - now 32 years -- but it's not for sale.
mikeyb33
that's a great start - thanks very much Steve!
beer.gif smile.gif

mike
ChrisFoley
Another online place is Hybrid Z. I don't have a link though, sorry.
VegasRacer
Sometimes I visit the 350Z Forums on this web site.
Z driver
They have 240 specific Forums also.
porschenut
zcar.com and hybridz.org were my favorites. Started a 78 turbo project years ago but got cold feet once I had all the parts together. Had a totally unreasonable fear that it would rust to nothing as soon as it got out of the garage!
rick 918-S
I had-have a 240Z in my stash someplace.... rust free Geogia car. no title, I sold it a few years back but never got paid... The guy moved away.. can't find the car now. I like 914's better so no big deal.
John Kelly
Hi Mike,

My cousin in Sacramento (north highlands) has one that he has had sitting for years. I think he wants to sell it. I can ask him if you like.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
ConeDodger
I have one. I doubt you would want to spring for this one though. Mine is a second owner, '73 with new factory color paint. 3.5 miles home from the body shop since the paint. A new interior waiting to be installed. Hill climb/autocross suspension. Factory DMS LSD rear end. Strong motor which is very sale-able with triple Webers and DMS headers. I am selling to make room for a taildragger I found. $8K
Rob
cobra94563
Did you see the one one craisglist 2 days ago...he emailed he has an offer at $8900 so far.
Looks completely restored.

http://www.craigslist.org/pen/car/119343686.html

Craigslist
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.