Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laguna in-car track video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
This is from back on Nov 30th. Sorry for the delay yellowsleep[1].gif

In this one, KenH passes me after turn#3 and I chase him around the rest of the lap.

He doesn't use the brakes as much as I do dry.gif

Room for improvement, of course. Still a blast driving.gif

under 10MB

KT
TravisNeff
Linky no worky
DanT
Travis is correct wink.gif ar15.gif
jonwatts
try replacing .wav with .wmv

Trekkor
try replacing .wav with .wmv

ooops ohmy.gif

Got it...Thanks

KT
sgomes
smilie_pokal.gif

Keep 'em comin'!!! Got I love these in-car vids of yours!

I was noticing this time your tach was pinned on the red line most of the time! WooHoo!

With all the talk on here about "Gonna build me a ...blah blah blah.." it's nice to see someone out there just doin' it!
TravisNeff
Great ride Trekkor, I got butterflies in my stomach when you hit the corkscrew, lol
ppickerell
Trek,
That is some fun video. WTF is Ken running in his teener?
Trekkor
Ken running in his teener?

Seat time! wink.gif

2.0 FOUR dry.gif

We're both on Kumho 710's.

Good fun smilie_pokal.gif

tach was pinned on the red line

That tach is not marked for my 7300 RPM motor.
Looks crazy though, huh?

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 19 2005, 09:01 PM)
WTF is Ken running in his teener?

2.0 FOUR dry.gif

av-943.gif

sorry trek, nothing personal!
beerchug.gif Andy
Trekkor
It's cool... rolleyes.gif

This was my first day on that track and first year on any track.

You'll see, you'll see.

KT
Aaron Cox
that teener KNEW the line...and little braking.... very cool to see.

momentum trek...momentum....

very cool.
TimT
Trek it was nice of you that you backed out and let the other car by..
Trekkor
Ken is a Bay Area local that I've been a/x'ing with for over a year.
He let me ride along with him several weeks earlier at Sears.

During this session he followed me for quite a few laps and then he went by so I could learn from him.

I was really glad he was there that day. Very helpful. clap.gif

Afterward, I thanked him and he complimented me and said how well my car was pulling away from him on the straights.

I'm sure he could run faster laps in my car than he turns in his.

KT

Seat time
DanT
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 19 2005, 08:17 PM)
that teener KNEW the line...and little braking.... very cool to see.

momentum trek...momentum....

very cool.

I taught that teener the line biggrin.gif driving.gif driving.gif
In a 4 banger momentum is everything!
A well driven, well set up 4 cylinder is a very formidable car, especially at tracks were horsepower is not as big a deal.
Once Trekkor learns the line and the braking points his car will be very competitive, indeed. rolleyes.gif

Nice video, double apex at turn two is great for 911s not too good for 914s, IMHO.
Tried it both ways in Bill Pickerings's new 911 hotrod, and with his suspension and big slicks, it was doable both ways. I still prefer the big sweeper with one late apex.
Probably because I learned it in my first 1.7L 914 where momentum was an absolute necessity. laugh.gif laugh.gif
In a few more events, Trekkor will be showing Ken his quad exhaust! smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
Trekkor will be showing Ken his quad exhaust!

I doubt it dry.gif

Ken has a "secret"... ph34r.gif

"In the future, we'll all have"...Get it? laugh.gif
DanT
OK Ken, you can PM me and let me in on your secret. We've known each other for a long time so you can tell me. wink.gif I know you have been asking about different fuel injections. Is there a larger 4 in your future?

hijacked.gif

Hijack over.
KenH
KT - Thanks for taking the video. Thats the first time I have seen a video of the car.

You are right, the only reason I was a head of you was seat time.

As soon as you can get into the GGR track program and have the instructors start "beating" on you
"Apex, Apex, Apex" & "Use the whole track" you will be fine.

I think the biggest single improvement in my 914 was going to the V710 tires. That along with the LSD has translated into feeling of confidence in the car.

confidence = better lap times.

Dan - the rules change removed the reason for "like" cars in the production classes to try and run together. So I am looking at making changes that will make the car faster, even if it puts me in a TT class that I will not be competive in. Just going to have fun and compete against myself. Maybe someday the rulles will change again.

Ken
KenH
OH comment on brakes. Brakes BRAKES - I do not have use any stinking BRAKES. (they just slow you down)

Ken
VegasRacer
EXCELLENT TREKKOR smilie_flagge24.gif
Thanks for posting the video. I really enjoyed it. The only time I have driven Laguna was the day before the 1st WCC. It was in my old 4 cyl race car. This brought back some good memories. I finished the day still afraid of turn #9.
mudfoot76
Absolutely amazing!!! ohmy.gif

Sorry to hijack slightly -- but what kind of camera are you using, and how is it mounted in your car? Mine has a harness bar, and for the upcoming season, I want to take some in-car vids for myself (and to share with all of you; Putnam Park might not be nearly as picturesque or exciting as Laguna Seca, but who doesn't enjoy 914s on the track? driving.gif )

Also, have you though about possibly putting small lights just over your gauges so that you can see them on the video?

Thanks!!!
/hijack
Trekkor
This video is just a glimpse of how much fun we have at a DE! boldblue.gif

The camera is a JVC "GR-D72U" digital video mini cam.
Yeah, I wish we could see the guages better, too.

I've been noting the gear and rpm's and viewing my gear calc spreadsheet for referance.

For example: When I upshift into 5th under the footbridge past the starter stand on the main straight, that's around 6500 rpm's in 4th ( "S" ) gear or 94 mph.

The top of third gear at 7000 RPM's ( "M" gear ), passing the sound shack on the uphill approach to #6, the approach to #7, the exit of #9 and the approach to #11 is 80 mph before shifting into 4th ! ohmy.gif

I still want to install a small red warning light on the dash that lights up when I'm on the brakes.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.