12. put in pieces
13. swap out belts for primo set
14. vaccum
15. clean rest of int

tomorrow

1. drive to p-land if today is completed

kevin
Bleyseng
Yeah, simple job that takes two days to complete.

Engine is out, time to fix that oil leak. Now that should only take a day but with DWD I will be lucky to have everything done by the 30th.
Geoff
rhodyguy
#9.5. reglue top edge of int sound pad. is your engine out? you had beter not show up at bremerton in a pickup. or better yet, PLEASE do. wink.gif

kevin
rhodyguy
so you're a wannabe huh? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

kevin
Bleyseng
for a week it seems. I also will have the eurorace header set up for the AX.
rhodyguy
your car needs to be LOUDER. what sort of muff?

kevin
rhodyguy
you going to performance coatings with it first?
rhodyguy
#5.5. go to hardware store for masking paper. man, just to replace one piece.
Bleyseng
It has some sort of flowmaster set up on it. Legal db for Calif racing. I'll have to coat it with a header paint. I suppose I could miss this race (again) so I could coat it. Or do it after.

Engine is all apart over all the garage, now to start cleaning. I can see why it was starting to run hot! oil grimey dirt all over the cylinders plugging up the air flow. Damn, it sure doesn't take long to do that. Where does all the dirt come from??? I never drive dirt roads unless I go to your house.

Geoff
tod914
rhod, sounds like you had the same day as me.
I finished detailing the interior, installed carpet without glue. seems fine, but i think i will use some 2x sided carpet tape on a few pieces. I used contact cement on the back pad where the vinal was loose. Seems to have worked well. The 3M gen. adhesive didnt. Still debating on the window.
Maybe I'll try it tomorrow. Have to see how I feel.
Friend has a heat gun which I could use. So maybe it's worth a shot.

Now glass shops seem to put some type of primer where the glue/butyl will stick. Does any do that?
Or it isnt neccesary?
rhodyguy
i didn't bother with the glass primer. you pour the stuff to form a continous bead around the edge of the glass, it does not go on the body side. you need maybe 2 oz. and you buy 8. when i shook the can it sounded thick. i could have made a fine mess of that. the butyl stuck like crazy. that back pad is worst to replace. i figure the holes were drilled at time of install. so no two are a like, ie holes in replacement and the targa bar don't line up well.

kevin
Rusty
All that to replace a rear window? Wow. I need to have you work on my car. smile.gif
rhodyguy
no rusty. to replace the targa bar pad that contains the 2 rear latches. seems nothing is simple to me. "well i might as well do this while i'm here". the dirk wright desease. apparently there's no cure short of selling the car.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.