Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Working on your 914 this Christmas Weekend??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Well, if Sherryl gets the green light from her doctor on Friday, she'll be leaving for London, England on Sat. with her sister and mom......

so, that leaves me free to goof around for an entire week smash.gif

Hopefully I can avoid sitting in front of the TV too much and actually get my lazy butt out to the garage and be productive.....

Aaron Cox
me too... finish reassembly....and some motorwork....
TonyAKAVW
I need to pull a bunch of parts from the roller, and clean up the garage. The back half has a layer of black powder from powdercoating, and there are tools everywhere.

If I can I also want to do my oil pan modification for the Subaru engine. I have all of next week off, so I should have some time to get stuff done.

-Tony
RON S.
4 DAYS OFF THIS WEEKEND,

I'll be fabbing up a support for a folding tow hook system for my teener. welder.gif welder.gif

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!Ya'll

Yeah I said it.

Ron
Lou W
I finished stripping the underside of the drivers side on my teener this last Sunday, this coming week, I'll be primering that area, and spraying it with the Body Schutz.

Merry Christmas wreath.gif
airsix
Mike,
The surface grinder project is progressing but not done so I haven't had time to work on your knife yet. I did, however, find something cool to play with that I'm sending you in the mail today. Watch for a 6x9 padded yellow mailer.

-Ben M.
Porcharu
I get to take the interior out of "das boat" to dry out the 2 inches of water sitting in it. I made the mistake of leaving the car out in the rain and it filled up. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
At least I can look at the seat mounting up close and figure out how to lower the seats.
SirAndy
i'm hoping McMark doesn't have any friends either and will be at his shop on sat. as i missed him last weekend and i'd like to get started on my engine conversion ...

boldblue.gif Andy
Allan
3 maybe 4 days of no work. Not sure about Friday. Was planning on devoting at least a couple of days trying to sort out the car but my son calls me last night and wants me to help him replace his clutch and throw-out bearing. huh.gif

Any words of wisdom on doing a clutch job on a '01 Mustang GT???
Mark Henry
Maybe you can box up some parts biggrin.gif

Did you get my PM?
Tom Perso
QUOTE (Headrage @ Dec 20 2005, 02:14 PM)
Any words of wisdom on doing a clutch job on a '01 Mustang GT???

Junior's been doing burnouts and laying some 2nd gear scratch, eh? laugh.gif

Good luck, just get the SOB high enough in the air and maybe drop the rear trans crossmember so you can get to the upper bellhousing bolts. laugh.gif

Tom
bd1308
i'm going to be trying to get my d-jet on my car, or the l-jet....i'll have fuel injection going in other words.....

i also will have to fix my stubborn oil leak...oh and the transmission leak.

does anybody have an extra tranny fill plug i can borrow for a while....mine`s not tapered and so it leaks.....

b
tat2dphreak
if we know you Mike, you'll end up deciding to re-sign something and it will put you back another 3 months... wink.gif

have a good one, brother!
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mueller @ Dec 20 2005, 09:59 AM)
so, that leaves me free to goof around for an entire week smash.gif

Don't forget the 27th! biggrin.gif OC to TC...
Chris Pincetich
Next Tues-Thursday are full-on house and 914 project days....touch-up painting to seal from rain, slueth and fix drainage problems, and general clean-up FOR BOTH HOUSE AND CAR laugh.gif laugh.gif

More specific for my 914 are to grind away drivers floorpan rust to find good metal for welding new pan, hook-up heater blower fan and new tubing, fix headlights that stopped working after this last rain (the new H4s were awesome, then it all went dark one day sad.gif ), install Engman trunk release, hopefully CAMP914 trunk shocks (SANTA?), fix drivers door handle, fix wiggling throttle pedal, install drivers door pocket, new power door lock kit, alarm (maybe), and Alpine CD player from my previous car.

I'd really appreciate getting 0.02 cents about my car from someone besides the mechanic and might be PMing people in my East Bay CA area- drive over, bring beer and wrenches, see what happens!
beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Dec 20 2005, 01:02 PM)
so, that leaves me free to goof around for an entire week  :smash:

have you confirmed this date with Tony? I'll be a little miffed if he has no room for it smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Mueller @ Dec 20 2005, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Dec 20 2005, 01:02 PM)
so, that leaves me free to goof around for an entire week  :smash:

have you confirmed this date with Tony? I'll be a little miffed if he has no room for it smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

OC to TC???

jhadler
Lets see...

-Finish rocker arm setup and assembly.
-Put on all the newly powder coated sheet metal
-Cherry pick the good FI bits and pieces from my boxes o' parts
-Put the D-Jet onto the motor

I think that's puhlenty for this weekend... wacko.gif

After that, it gets fun...

- oh yeah, finish running the wiring for the tow lights...

-Josh2
Jeroen
I'm leaving friday with the wife, daughter, mom and dad for a long weekend away from home
No internet, no 914s...
Lessee if I'll survive biggrin.gif
grasshopper
well, I asked for an "all in one cutting system", so the day i get back, im going to start cutting out rusty metal, and cutting good metal from the donor car... and then i need to drop the engine, finish stripping the car, fab support braces, get the car to the media blaster... get the other teener running dry.gif ... that will take most of my christmas break... and more... probably extending into january... but that is the list smile.gif
stock93
Install flares and megasquirt.

John
Trevorg7
Ordered new door panels and speaker ports from morphenspectra.

They shipped today!

T
r_towle
Mike,

Number one::
Spend your time and figure out an off the shelf replacement cv joint/axle combination that requires no machining...

Think sand rail and the parts that are already out there...

I cant believe that will all the front wheel drive cars out there that there is no simple cv joint replacement off the shelf that will work...

Number two::

Figure out an affordable way to build a nice free flow exhaust for the type IV...
Im talking pipes and a flowmast, or two cherry bombs...

Number Three::

Figure out the audi tranny or the boxster tranny...I want the boxster with the finger paddles...firgure out the issues and make a kit

Number Four::

Find me a high CFM 2.5" diameter 12 volt powered fan that can be put inline in the heater tubes in the front
trunk
Four A:; Find some insulated flexible 2.5" tubing for the heater to replace the paper tubing.

Number Five:
Design a emailable, printable pattern for under the fender flexible fender liners and a good way to attach them without wrecking the existing paint..

Number six:

Find the detailed specs of the car that is rumored to be running 2.4 liter with DJet...the car is in CA somewhere...I want details...what cam especially, and what kind of hp is he making..

That should keep you busy for a few days.

Rich

marks914
Many project beginning this week,
I have 2 weeks off, I love the auto industry!

1 Install Brad Mayeur's clamshells
2. Install the new $275 renegade style radiator
3. Relocate fuel pump
4. New 12 inches longer Terry Cable
5. Front swaybar
6. Start artwork for 914 poster

7. New autocross springs/shocks on my wife's Cabby
8. Find the squeak on her e-class
9. Finish my kitchen remodeling job I started last year.

That is in order of priority

Mark

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.