Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Candy !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SirAndy
i played a bit with photoshop and tried some "Candy" Colors on my Car ...

first picture is the current paint, "Guards Red". Which one do *YOU* like the best ???
idea.gif Andy

Guards Red:
user posted image

Dark Blue:
user posted image

Light Blue:
user posted image

Light Green:
user posted image

Neon Green:
user posted image

Orange:
user posted image

Pink:
user posted image

Purple:
user posted image

Turquoise:
user posted image

Yellow:
user posted image
Dead Air
what, no silver?
Jenny
what, no silver?

I've never had silver candy before... unsure.gif

Jen
dlo914
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Dec 20 2005, 02:22 PM)
what, no silver?

" Silly Dead Air silver is for eating w/ not for eating" lol2.gif
nomore9one4
1st-Orange
2nd-Neon green
Dead Air
This candy is SILVER! Theyre called "turkey joints"
So There!

Besides George Carlin told me not to eat BLUE food!
Hammy
no black? ohmy.gif
I think pink or purple would fit you best Andy smile.gif biggrin.gif
djm914-6
Why not go with a color shift paint? That way you can have up to four colors depending on the light hitting the car. biggrin.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (Dead Air @ Dec 20 2005, 02:30 PM)
This candy is SILVER! Theyre called "turkey joints"
So There!

I dunno... That looks more like gold to me idea.gif

Jen wink.gif
grasshopper
neon green wink.gif
tat2dphreak
boldblue.gif orange boldblue.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Hammy @ Dec 20 2005, 03:36 PM)
no black? ohmy.gif

how about a bumblebee ???

gary gartner
Just wondering where the "Yellow is Faster" contingent might be???????? confused24.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (gary gartner @ Dec 20 2005, 03:43 PM)
Just wondering where the "Yellow is Faster" contingent might be???????? confused24.gif

We just got home from work.
I vote for black, tho. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
A darker blue than the "dark blue" you have. Something like Alaska Blue Metallic, or maybe the color of Carl's Six! Or something even darker would be cool!

--DD
sk8kat1
I like the the chrome illosion idea ( color change ) or use the color change paint as accent gt stripes ....

bad part is the paint is 250.00 per pint .... and that was w/ a discount blink.gif

Dr. Roger
well if you want to make small children cry and babies scream paint it neon green or pink.

if you want to make all the other -6 drivers pissed when passing them paint it bumble bee like the example above and attach a 1.7 emblem on the rear panel.. laugh.gif black and yellow. smilie_pokal.gif
Jenny
I used to have this awesome orange-ish reddish nail polish that was iridescent. Or opal, or pearl. Whatever you want to call it. Looked great. Would change from shades as dark as crimson to a really light signal orange depending on how my fingertips were tilted. Looked much better than the chameleon orange that's on the prowler. barf.gif

Jen
SLITS
No Zambezi Green mad.gif

Yellow is faster...anywhere....anytime
olav

Wow, you're putting a 3.6L Twin Plug into your car!!

Nice.
Aaron Cox
N E O N green
Allan
I kinda like the purple...
fiid
I like the purple, orange, yellow, and light green.

Are you thinking of repainting your car Andy?

goose2
bumblebee with a low gloss or satin black ph34r.gif
Lou W
The Bumble Bee color sure looks good. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (fiid @ Dec 20 2005, 07:44 PM)

i'm thinking, indeed ...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 21 2005, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (fiid @ Dec 20 2005, 07:44 PM)

i'm thinking, indeed ...

going to steel flares and regular bumpers?

tired of FG cracks?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 21 2005, 10:07 AM)
going to steel flares and regular bumpers?
tired of FG cracks?

naaa, the FG stuff is OK, long story, i'm not going to open that can of worms here in public ...

dry.gif Andy
horizontally-opposed
Can't believe it, but I am really down with the pink...

And while I am generally not a big fan of the bumble-bee thing, I really REALLY like the treatment here. Must be the border cutoff on the front bumper. I love it!

pete
alpha434
Didn't you JUST paint that car red?!? If you're racing- DON'T do the pink or purple. Even the worst driver on the track will do enverything he can to stop you. Note: PCA track records for Second Creek. Al Lager Engines entered a pink 356 driven by Milt Minter. So unless you're up for the challenge...

Also (since we're talking paint) I have a 1975 Signal Orange.
How Who Where. It's the original color of the car- but it wasn't available for 75? Could this be a custom request. It also has original clear signal lenses

Oh. What about multiple color options? Green with blue zig zags on the sides. There was an SCCA corvette at the Denver Grand Prix last year that had a great color pattern. I'll see if i can find a picture. That car looked terrible, but the same paint would look good on a 911 or 914
SirAndy
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Dec 21 2005, 10:21 AM)
Didn't you JUST paint that car red?!? If you're racing- DON'T do the pink or purple. Even the worst driver on the track will do enverything he can to stop you.

I have a 1975 Signal Orange.
How Who Where. It's the original color of the car- but it wasn't available for 75?

yes, fairly fresh repaint ...

so, you're telling me the racer guys are *attracted* to pink cars? biggrin.gif

what does the paint code on the drivers side front door-post say?
the square karman plate ...

beer3.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (horizontally-opposed @ Dec 21 2005, 10:25 AM)
And while I am generally not a big fan of the bumble-bee thing, I really REALLY like the treatment here. Must be the border cutoff on the front bumper. I love it!

i have been toying with the idea of a 916-style Bumble Bee for a while ...

here's a old photoshop mockup:
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2005, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Dec 21 2005, 10:25 AM)

i have been toying with the idea of a 916-style Bumble Bee for a while ...

here's a old photoshop mockup:

please no barf.gif update the car out of the 70's...dont put it right back in....
ewdysar
Looks like guards red is catching up. Run the poll long enough and red will win, then you can feel comfortable with the current color, you can mark this task as complete, have a cold one beer3.gif and think about what you're going to do with the $$ and time you were about to spend on the repaint.

Happy Holidays,
Eric
SirAndy
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 21 2005, 10:36 AM)
please no ... update the car out of the 70's ... dont put it right back in ...

haha, what do you know about the '70s? you weren't even born yet when the '70s were already over! biggrin.gif

i love (some of) the '70s color-schemas, and i like the idea of a GT/916 BumbleBee ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 21 2005, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 21 2005, 10:36 AM)
please no ... update the car out of the 70's ... dont put it right back in ...

haha, what do you know about the '70s? you weren't even born yet when the '70s were already over! biggrin.gif

i love (some of) the '70s color-schemas, and i like the idea of a GT/916 BumbleBee ...

cool_shades.gif Andy

i was a hippie in a past life? laugh.gif

just MHO ...dont mic and match bumble bee with GT or 916 tongue.gif

your car though... your mileage may vary
bondo
We all know color changes are bad unless you strip.. are you going to go through THAT again?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bondo @ Dec 21 2005, 10:48 AM)
We all know color changes are bad unless you strip.. are you going to go through THAT again?

sandblast again? av-943.gif
Allan
I always wanted to do my car in a tiger stripe pattern. I think it would look cool on yours if you keep the red and do the stripes in white. Kinda like the Bengals helmets...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Dec 21 2005, 10:52 AM)
I always wanted to do my car in a tiger stripe pattern. I think it would look cool on yours if you keep the red and do the stripes in white. Kinda like the Bengals helmets...

smoke.gif tongue.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 21 2005, 09:55 AM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Dec 21 2005, 10:52 AM)
I always wanted to do my car in a tiger stripe pattern.  I think it would look cool on yours if you keep the red and do the stripes in white.  Kinda like the Bengals helmets...

smoke.gif tongue.gif

Or black stripes?
alpha434
the color code for my 914 is "L 20 C"
This good or bad? I don't want to find out my car is a repaint- it's viewed as bad luck around here and my shop buddies will make fun of me
SirAndy
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Dec 21 2005, 12:06 PM)
the color code for my 914 is "L 20 C"

are you sure it's a C and not a E ???
my car used to be "Signal Orange", the code is "L 20 E" ...

"L 20 C" is "Nepal Orange" which was available in 75 and 76 only ...

914 Colors & Years

cool_shades.gif Andy
jonwatts
I voted purple but I like the bumblebee.
alpha434
It's a 75 car- but that looks really light for Nepal Orange. Maybe it's just Nepal orange. I dunno. The color is consistant on interior portions
Tobra
it is oxidized orange. I have always wanted a car that was painted with the same reflective siver they use on road signs. Would be DAZZLING on a car with lots of flats surfaces like a 914 on a sunny day. Or take it to bare metal and clearcoat it
alpha434
Good call. But what texture? Sand blasted? Polished? Brushed? No paint would be cool.
Michael N
I vote for light blue and orange gulf style.
dekman
No Tangerine? Me gusta Tangerine. beer.gif
TimT
Gulf Blue or Mexico Blue aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.