Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: .009 Distributor questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
adammtb
Hey there...we've got a .009 and want to do the points, contacts and condensor. Is this possible, and can you use the stock 914 distributor parts for this? Thanks.
DJsRepS
Just try it if the shoe fits wear it!

Why do you want points? The cheap point eleminator I used has no external boxes, uses OEM blue bosch coil, and if you want an OEM look leave the capicator mounted run the wire to nothing through the distributer same place the one pointless wire feeds through. (Pelican Parts cheap one and a good one) The cheap one works for me. I keep my old ign in a zip lock in my trunk (Ha the rear one that is) for emg.

If it is not for to keep it OEM aint no use for points.
Nice use of the english language there!

Main thing I hated about points was the dwell throwing out the timing. And I had trouble finding a new dwell meter. The one I have is a $10 tool some 20+years ago.
Joe Ricard
agree.gif
Bleyseng
send the 009 type 1 dizzy back and use the stock dizzy as it has the right advance curve for a type4 motor.
just wait until you try to get rid of the off idle hole using the 009 dizzy....... smash.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Dec 21 2005, 07:25 AM)
send the 009 type 1 dizzy back and use the stock dizzy as it has the right advance curve for a type4 motor.
just wait until you try to get rid of the off idle hole using the 009 dizzy....... smash.gif

agree.gif the 050 is better for the T3 engines. Also use the 010 points, they have a stronger spring in them, larger contact area. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.