Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A better alternator?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
I have been searching around this board for hints on what might make a better alternator.

So far I have read that the 30 year old alternators on our cars are prone to failure, and don't produce much power. But I have not read (or at least not yet) what the best replacement alternator is.

So what is it? Ideally, i'd want something that bolted into the stock T4 location, and produced enough power to drive the usual stuff, FI, a modern sterio, speakers, SW, and a small amp.

If the answer is here, and I just have not seen it, could someone direct me to the post?

Thanks all,

Zach
SLITS
If you want to pay for it, a stock alternator can be built to put out a shitpile of amps. It's done all the time by speciality shops for the "ricer" crowd that has to run 1000 watts of stereo power in their shitboxes.

I think the price is about $150 for the change. Next time I see the guy that buys cores from us, I will ask again...but son't expect it to be $49.99 from your local flaps.
Aaron Cox
do a search... a 912E guy is running a GM one wire....
davep
I have been selling rebuilt stock alternators with 90 amp outputs. I am currently working on a new version, non-stock, that will have output capability of 120 to 180 amps. The big problem is to ensure that it fits without a problem. I expect that this will be a reality in two months time.
Type 4 Unleashed
Here's an alternator option happy11.gif

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.ph...der=asc&start=0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.