Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Photoshop help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelmoo

Does any one know Photoshop really really well? I have a picture of my brother-in-law that passed away and my wife would like to change the background. It is a picture from his wedding and the background is terrible. Anywho if any one can help it would be appreciated. I would be willing to pay some money or even trade some parts from my parts bin.
Trekkor
Very easy to do.

their is a way to cut and paste any image onto another as a transparent selection.

I've done this with Sir Andy's image many times laugh.gif

Use the freehand selection tool to outline your subject.
Cut and paste onto the new image.

you may want to resize the images to keep things to scale.

KT
Tettster
I would be more than willing to help you out.

PM sent.
Trekkor
quick and dirty...you get the idea lol2.gif

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 21 2005, 01:10 PM)
Use the freehand selection tool to outline your subject.
Cut and paste onto the new image.

actually, if the background is rather monotone, simply use the "magic wand" tool with a tolerance of about 8 to 16 pixels and "Anti-aliased" and "Contiguous" turned on ...

you can then delete everything inside the selection and put a layer with your new background underneath ...

wink.gif Andy
SirAndy
start with the new background first:

user posted image

then open the picture of your brother-in-law:

user posted image

simply drag & drop the layer of your brother-in-law onto the background picture and position him where you like:

user posted image

select the "Magic Wand" tool and configure it like shown. Use the tool to click onto the background of the brother-in-law layer:

user posted image

hit backspace to delete your selection:

user posted image

you might want to do some cleanup along the edges, voila, not too bad for 2 minutes of your time!

user posted image

beerchug.gif Andy
crash914
Classic!!!!
nynone4
Mike - if you don't find someone else first, drop me a note. I'll do it for you (I do retouching all the time for clients).

Matt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.