Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bolt ID?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3liter914-6
So I'm pretty much done swapping everything over to the longblock that I'm swapping into my brother's car. Only problem is I've got the fan/alt/cooling tin on, and I have a 3 rather important bolts left over and I can't figure out where they go. Everthing I've put on seems all proper like, and I seem to remember these bolts coming off the fan shroud, but I can't find the holes. I baggied 'em up, but forgot the labeling bit for this bag. I looked through the exploded diagrams with no luck IDing them, so thought maybe someone who's an old hand at this could help.

Thanks!

3liter914-6
QUOTE (3liter914-6 @ Dec 22 2005, 11:55 AM)
So I'm pretty much done swapping everything over to the longblock that I'm swapping into my brother's car. Only problem is I've got the fan/alt/cooling tin on, and I have a 3 rather important looking bolts left over and I can't figure out where they go. Everthing I've put on seems all proper like, and I seem to remember these bolts coming off the fan shroud, but I can't find the holes. I baggied 'em up, but forgot the labeling bit for this bag. I looked through the exploded diagrams with no luck IDing them, so thought maybe someone who's an old hand at this could help.

Thanks!

Figured it out. They're for the Brake Master Cyl/ Gas tank cover.

sj914
I hate when I put everything back together and still end up with extra nuts and bolts. headbang.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (sj914 @ Dec 22 2005, 12:21 PM)
I hate when I put everything back together and still end up with extra nuts and bolts. headbang.gif

What's wrong with that? huh.gif laugh.gif
sj914
Thats what my 12yr (at the time) brother told me and then walks away with them. Little sh!t use them on his bike. smash.gif
Crazyhippy
Those are the very rare and hard to find bush bolts...

Fire up the car, make sure everything works, and throw the bolts into a bush... problem solved biggrin.gif

I heard a mechanic say that one day... they wont get my buisness...

BJH
bondo
You're missing one of the little bolts and a washer for one of the big ones. biggrin.gif

Also, those big ones do more than just hold the cover on, they also hold the rear of the front suspension on.. so don't forget them! smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (3liter914-6 @ Dec 22 2005, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (3liter914-6 @ Dec 22 2005, 11:55 AM)
So I'm pretty much done swapping everything over to the longblock that I'm swapping into my brother's car.  Only problem is I've got the fan/alt/cooling tin on, and I have a 3 rather important looking bolts left over and I can't figure out where they go.  Everthing I've put on seems all proper like, and I seem to remember these bolts coming off the fan shroud, but I can't find the holes.  I baggied 'em up, but forgot the labeling bit for this bag.  I looked through the exploded diagrams with no luck IDing them, so thought maybe someone who's an old hand at this could help.

Thanks!

Figured it out. They're for the Brake Master Cyl/ Gas tank cover.

yup. should be 4 total
3liter914-6
QUOTE (bondo @ Dec 22 2005, 06:06 PM)
You're missing one of the little bolts and a washer for one of the big ones. biggrin.gif

Also, those big ones do more than just hold the cover on, they also hold the rear of the front suspension on.. so don't forget them! smile.gif

I've tracked down the missing bolt, but still no luck with the washer. Bush bolts...I like that. I was half tempted to chuck the suckers, but I figured something that big had ta be important. Sure was scratching my head for a while there, I'd forgotten I'd taken the cover off to yank the fuel tank, and there was nothing like 'em in the factory 914/4 engine manual.
Allan
QUOTE (3liter914-6 @ Dec 22 2005, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (bondo @ Dec 22 2005, 06:06 PM)
You're missing one of the little bolts and a washer for one of the big ones.  :D

I've tracked down the missing bolt, but still no luck with the washer. Bush bolts...I like that. I was half tempted to chuck the suckers, but I figured something that big had ta be important. Sure was scratching my head for a while there, I'd forgotten I'd taken the cover off to yank the fuel tank, and there was nothing like 'em in the factory 914/4 engine manual.

If yer happy, chuck the extra crap.. (Or call Slits).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.