Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Major body rust restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche735
So, I just got a new car and need to do a lot of rust fixing. Does anyone in the SF bay area have a rotisserie available? Any chemical dipping places folks know of? Any places to recommend for media blasting?

Thanks for the help,
Chris
jim912928
Ich habe einen Schnauzer auch! Er heist Rudy Schnauzeneger
McMark
The dipping place I use is NorCal Metal Stripping just north of Santa Rosa.
Allan
QUOTE (porsche735 @ Dec 22 2005, 06:21 PM)
So, I just got a new car and need to do a lot of rust fixing. Does anyone in the SF bay area have a rotisserie available? Any chemical dipping places folks know of? Any places to recommend for media blasting?

Thanks for the help,
Chris

Send your stuff to McMark. He is in the bay area and can do you right...
sgomes
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
LvSteveH
Keep in mind that if the car has structural rust, you don’t necessarily want to put it up on a rotisserie to repair it. The body has considerable flex, so any time you are doing any structural repair or welding, you want to be sure the chassis is as square as possible.

I picked up some adjustable leveling jacks from Camping world. They are infinitely adjustable, so you can compensate for any sag in the chassis or unevenness in the concrete you are working on. Once properly repaired, it can easily be even stiffer than stock, so it’s critical to get it as close as possible, or you could end up with a warped chassis.

And I agree, if you are close to Mark, that would be a great place to start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.