Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas tank pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marv's3.6six
The lil fuzzy gas tank pads, where exactly do they get placed? N E 1 have pics?

r_towle
no pics, but look at where it is going....

There are two horizontal shelfs...place two on the rear shelf and one on the front shelf...

Rich

Marlow
This should give you an idea.
Marlow
and another.
Allan
Which ones are you talking about?

The ones at the end of the tank or the ones that buffer the strap that holds the tank down????
T H O M A S
asd
Marv's3.6six
There (pics) thats what I needed, Thanx Guys biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Allan
Is that a aubugine color??

T H O M A S
sure is
watsonrx13
QUOTE (Marv's3.6six @ Dec 22 2005, 11:52 PM)

Marv, I would recommend NOT putting the carpet pads back in, they tend to absorb moisture/water, which will tend to rust out. I replaced the carpet pads with neoprene. I got a roll of it from Lowes/HD that they were selling for lining tool boxes for trucks....

-- Rob
spare time toys
Do those black plastic chunks that fell off the tank when I pulled it out rest on those? confused24.gif
URY914
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Dec 23 2005, 03:16 AM)
QUOTE (Marv's3.6six @ Dec 22 2005, 11:52 PM)

Marv, I would recommend NOT putting the carpet pads back in, they tend to absorb moisture/water, which will tend to rust out. I replaced the carpet pads with neoprene. I got a roll of it from Lowes/HD that they were selling for lining tool boxes for trucks....

-- Rob

Excellent point Rob. Mine rusted out the gas tank years ago. One day I filled the tank all the way up and gas leaked all over the place. Pulled the tank and I had pin holes where the felt pads were.

Paul
eg914
The first thing I had to have fixed when I bought my car was a leaking gas tank. Had a hole right where the rust pad contacted the tank. These make great sponges. I too used closed cell neoprene gasket material as a replacement. It seems like a better material than a sponge.
Markeydoo
Marv
Sounds like it's going back togeather.
Pics PLEASE

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.