Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 bogging under load
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chas
This motor is just rebuilt and has new injectors for the stock D jet.I fear I filled the injectors with crud because I failed to flush the fuel lines before startup.The FI worked good before tear down.I will check flow at injectors.Does anybody have any outher ideas.Thanks
davep
The crud could be anywhere in the system from the tank sock, fuel filter, even the pressure regulator. The latter could be leaking and keeping the pressure low.

What about the valve settings?
Loose electrical connectors?
dlo914
im not sure but it could be a worn out dwell meter...here's a picture of the one i have for sale on ebay...the lines on a worn out one would be heavily scored.
dlo914
side angle view:
bondo
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Dec 22 2005, 09:49 PM)
im not sure but it could be a worn out dwell meter...here's a picture of the one i have for sale on ebay...the lines on a worn out one would be heavily scored.

That's not a dwell meter, that's a throttle position switch. (could be the problem, but usually they cause a wierd flutter as they go bad)
chas
I checked the throttle position switch and it looks good,I'm going to check the trigger points next and then the pressure sensor.It throttles up good with no load but under load it just boggs, sometimes backfires,if I pump the gas pedal [ throttle position switch ,fuel pump]I can tame the bogg a little.
bd1308
fuel pump....

mine went out and bogged...i had to pump the gas pedal over and over to regain any power.

check fuel filter too--could be plugged.

b
TravisNeff
Could also be your distributor if the vaccuum advance/return is having a problem or the mechanical advance is sticky, if you have a pertronix or such make sure you have some slack (not too much) with your wires so the advance plate can rotate back and forth freely
chas
I do have a newly installed pertronix and I bet there is no slack in the wires.Thanks Travis and everone else.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.