Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with an old Bursch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
This is the '74 2.0 that we picked up in Livermore in Sept. The Bursch muffler was at its end of life expectency, but the extractor was useable--SO
off came the metal valence (storing it) and on went this 'glass unit. We used an aluminized Magnaflow resonator, 2.5" ID, which is simply flanged at one end and dumps out the R/ rear of the valence. I'll get some underneath pics after the system comes back from Xtreme (ceramic coating), and paint the valence black.
I've always liked the 956 style "Exhaust thru body" look--that was the basic goal of this exercise. This is a simple, inexpensive DIY, and has a good deep sound to it.
I combined the new exhaust with a custom fit hi- flow air cleaner system. It's the same filter that goes on our 911 3.2 kits. The intake has a much improved throttle response and a wicked throttle induction sound biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
...nuther
Maltese Falcon
...mas
Maltese Falcon
...sorry if mufflers bore you...it's my 8 to 5 wink.gif
Trekkor
Nice job.

I want to try a new exhaust this winter too.

KT
Maltese Falcon
Hi-flow air cleaner system, the filter can flow in excess of 800 cfm- so no problem on the little 2.0. I'm using a basic 2" tube mandrel bent on a 3" radius, which flares out to 3" OD. This directly mates to the filter opening --also 3" ID.
The OE breather hoses just push on to hose barbs placed around the filter base. The factory rain tray shields water off of the filter, a heavy downpour with an open filter can ruin your day (hydro-lock).
Marty
Maltese Falcon
...und zwei
McMark
Nice!!! clap.gif
Jeroen
looks cool!
blitZ
Nice job. I would like one of your intake tubes, if you consider making more.
Gint
I'll take one of each please (intake and exhaust). Can I get them by Christmas? rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
marty... you da man!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.