Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Birth Certificates vs Cerificate of Authenticy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I hope some friends from Europe can chime in. Do Porsche's Birth Certificates offer more information than our Certificates of Authenticity? Do they give Dealer info and 1st owner. I am attempting a trace on a Euro car the the US CoA was not very useful.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all,
T.C.
Gustl
Hi T.C.,
I've both, the german "Auslieferungsbestätigung" (=delivery confirmation = birth certificate) as well as the US CoA.
In my opinion the german version is just disappointing. It took 4 times till they offered a paper which was more or less acceptable.
The first 3 version were full of errors like place of delivery = Stuttgart, wrong engine type, wrong colour ... very disappointing.
The 4th version isn't really good, but acceptable - and I was tired of complaining ...

But you can make your own mind.
take a closer look to the VIN (one digit too much screwy.gif )
look how they were typing Karmann ( screwy.gif )

I ordered my german paper 5 years ago - I don't know if they do a better job now confused24.gif

but my opinion to the job they did with my paper is just finger.gif

wavey.gif Gustl

carr914
Gustl, Thanks, it seems we have the opinion about the our different Certificates. I thought the CoA was lacking in information including the omission that the car originated in Europe.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.