Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear swaybar installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Thank you, Skline and V6914 for your help last night in getting my rear bar done. I got to take the car around a bit on some tight twisties and I'm amazed the difference. There's no more shuffling of the rear end when going over bumps and the ass-end stays flat in turns. I was hearing that with the rear swaybar I would get a lot of over-steer, especially in corner exit but I'm getting none that I can detect. It is perfect with some Boges and 120lb rear springs and I love it.

If I'm around for the next PCA RSR Autocross, I'm going to tear it up!
Aaron Cox
didja beat mty 15 sec record for rear droplink bushings?
skline
Richard did it for him but Brandon spent 20 minutes in the kitchen boiling the bushings first. He must have watched the water boil cause it seemed like he was in there for an hour. smile.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 23 2005, 02:15 PM)
Richard did it for him but Brandon spent 20 minutes in the kitchen boiling the bushings first. He must have watched the water boil cause it seemed like he was in there for an hour. smile.gif

"Boiling the bushings?"

No offense, but that seems awful silly. I just use a vice to push them into the links, and then use a big assed pair of channel locks to put the links on the balls..

I do add some grease to the bushings before installing them.

Takes me about 10 to 15 minutes total time to replace the bushings in rear drop links.

brant
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 23 2005, 02:15 PM)

"Boiling the bushings?"

No offense, but that seems awful silly. I just use a vice to push them into the links, and then use a big assed pair of channel locks to put the links on the balls..

I do add some grease to the bushings before installing them.

Takes me about 10 to 15 minutes total time to replace the bushings in rear drop links.

yeah... but the boiled ones are sterilized....
yours are all greasy and stuff

lol
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (brant @ Dec 23 2005, 03:02 PM)

lol

Why in the world would I want sterile bushings? confused24.gif

And 30 seconds after you start moving those bushings are not going to be clean, much less sterile.. wink.gif

sj914
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 23 2005, 12:15 PM)

50 minutes to figure out how to turn on the burner and 10 min. to boil the water...? huh.gif laugh.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (sj914 @ Dec 23 2005, 03:08 PM)

50 minutes to figure out how to turn on the burner and 10 min. to boil the water...? huh.gif laugh.gif

Maybe he was trying to figure out where to light the electric stove???? biggrin.gif
Brando
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 23 2005, 10:35 AM)
didja beat mty 15 sec record for rear droplink bushings?

Naw, I couldn't do that thing with my lips that sucks them through the droplink so quick... lol2.gif

QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 01:09 PM)
QUOTE (sj914 @ Dec 23 2005, 03:08 PM)

Maybe he was trying to figure out where to light the electric stove???? biggrin.gif

I watched it boil sad.gif Waited till the water was boiling then tossed the bushings in for 10 minutes.
sj914
You could've been nice and threw in some pasta in the water for lunch. rolleyes.gif
Gint
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 02:05 PM)

lol

And 30 seconds after you start moving those bushings are not going to be clean, much less sterile.. wink.gif

Little concept called... humor.
jd74914
QUOTE (Gint @ Dec 23 2005, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 02:05 PM)

lol

Little concept called... humor.

if hes like the people i know from texas . . .

hide.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.