Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Console Trim Molding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
szuccaro
Hi.... wondering if anyone has or knows where I might find extra rubber trim molding for the 3-gauge center console?
SirAndy
that is not stock, so i'm not sure what you have there and where to find it ...

cool.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 23 2005, 11:46 AM)
that is not stock, so i'm not sure what you have there and where to find it ...

cool.gif Andy

stock was a sewn seam....
Aaron Cox
hijacked.gif

can you snap a few pics of your dash plz?
szuccaro
So, i hear the trim is not stock from the experts here and I also was told the same from a local porsche shop. I didnt know, and am surprised since both my 914s (current and prior) had center consoles with those rubber trim pieces. Hmmmm.
Grimstead
QUOTE (szuccaro @ Dec 23 2005, 10:53 AM)
So, i hear the trim is not stock from the experts here and I also was told the same from a local porsche shop. I didnt know, and am surprised since both my 914s (current and prior) had center consoles with those rubber trim pieces. Hmmmm.

Did you buy them from the same guy? confused24.gif

On a lighter note, try a upholstery supply shop (auto or even home). Seams (no pun intended) they should have something close to what you have.
nomore9one4
It is hard to see, but that actually looks like the trim that is under the vinyl. Not meant to be seen just to clean the edge of the wood!
SirAndy
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Dec 23 2005, 12:16 PM)
It is hard to see, but that actually looks like the trim that is under the vinyl. Not meant to be seen just to clean the edge of the wood!

you are right, of course!
that does look like the plastic stuff that usually sits *under* the vinyl ...

looks like someone removed the original vinyl and managed to squeeze the new felt (?) under the plastic edge.

that plastic "edge" was never meant to be exposed!
cool.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.