Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Love Living in Texas..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I just got back from running some errands..... Whoo Hooo!!!!

God... I just love the sound of the MFI at full throttle with the top off!!!! drooley.gif

70 degrees here.. a bit windy, but beautiful outside.

Nope... I am NOT jealous of the California contingent. I get to do this every year, and with the lower cost of living and no property taxes here, I can afford to gas up the car all the time...... biggrin.gif

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif burnout.gif
sk8kat1
ok I am from texas and still have NO idea why the hell is hurst?!
sk8kat1
sorry -- ...where the hell hurst is ..?
ClayPerrine
Hurst, Tx. Suburb of Fort Worth. Real close to DFW airport.

Actually, I am within 1/4 mile of a navigational beacon for DFW. The planes flying over my house screw with my directv reception.

Where are you from in Texas?

And why did you leave?
SLITS
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 01:59 PM)
Where are you from in Texas?

And why did you leave?

He acquired something really rare in Tejas.......intelligence
ClayPerrine
pissoff.gif Slits....

After all, I seem to remember something about a pot and a kettle.....
rick 918-S
You know this is coming!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
sk8kat1
I lived in college station for the better part of 17 yrs -- but had some stints in austin and houston.. my sister ( obviously the smart one) is still in houston

.... I left because my mom married someone here in IL and had to go w/ her .... I want to go home but while I was here I finished school got married to a yankee and well now I think I'm stuck .... alfred.gif
sk8kat1
I do proudly fly my texas flag out in front of my house though ... it pisses off a lot of folks .. ahh screw em! biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
Drag the yankee girl south. She would love the weather here.... biggrin.gif

Per the request, a pict I just took a few minutes ago.

ClayPerrine
My doorbell rings while I am trying to offload the pictures from the camera.

It's Bob, my next door neighbor who owns a 75 2.0L.

He saw my car, and reminded me he has not had a ride in it since I got it running.

So I handed him the key and we went for a drive.

Now his wife is going to be pissed at me....... Bob is going to try to get a six to replace the 2.0.

assimilate.gif
sk8kat1
I keep asking to go home but she won't do it .. she has a huge family here so no go ..... unless you know of a bad ass job for me .... cool.gif

sk8kat1
ahh it's good for him ..
GWN7
Remember...some people actually like snow wink.gif
sk8kat1
I would love to put a raby t4 in mine .. but then I wouldhave a wife anymore.......hey ,but then I could go home ....... i could go home and have a bad ass car ...... idea.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Dec 23 2005, 03:54 PM)
Remember...some people actually like snow wink.gif

That nasty cold white stuff that falls from the sky and makes 914s rust?

You are sick!!!!

wink.gif
sk8kat1
awww they just don't know the joy of texas ..... biggrin.gif

hey bruce I sent you an email to see if you have any of the rear targa holder in stock , I need r&l side
Brando
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 01:56 PM)
Remember...some people actually like snow  ;)

You are sick!!!!

wink.gif

It's not just the snow -- it's the white stuff sprinkled on it that makes 914s rust so bad. You can drive on a salted road and literally see it rust from the bottom of the tub up, between stop signals even.
GWN7
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 01:56 PM)
Remember...some people actually like snow  ;)

You are sick!!!!

wink.gif

it's ok....Miles is sending me a tinfoil hat for Xmas. Once it gets here he says I'll be all better........ wink.gif
shelby/914
But what is it like in the summer? HOT & HUMID = miserable I'll take Colorado any day, of course when I lived in Texas it was at a place called Fort Hood.
sk8kat1
ft hood is still ok in my book .. it's in TX .. only bad place in TX is brownsville icon8.gif

and that is still a better place than most of the IN ciyies I have been in laugh.gif
Gint
I don't live in California or Texas andthe top came off my teener yesterday morning and it's still off. wacko.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Gint @ Dec 23 2005, 04:03 PM)
I don't live in California or Texas andthe top came off my teener yesterday morning and it's still off. wacko.gif

agree.gif
just got home from work, and the top is still off. cool_shades.gif
and thank god i don't have to live in texas to take the top off in december. clap.gif
poke.gif
Brew
Sshhh you guys! We already have enough transplants here! biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
o yea .. we texans are invading !! my dad just moved to denver .... he ' casing the place see what would be the easist way to take over!! biggrin.gif poke.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Dec 23 2005, 04:37 PM)
o yea .. we texans are invading !! my dad just moved to denver .... he ' casing the place see what would be the easist way to take over!! biggrin.gif poke.gif

it's bad enough you guys don't know how to drive in the snow, but you guys are horrible skiers too! bootyshake.gif
Gint
agree.gif biggrin.gif
sk8kat1
well you can't really argue w/ that.... dry.gif
jd74914
QUOTE ("*" @ Dec 23 2005, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Dec 23 2005, 05:54 PM)
o yea .. we texans are invading !! my dad just moved to denver .... he ' casing the place  see  what would be the easist way  to take over!!  :D  :poke:

it's bad enough you guys don't know how to drive in the snow, but you guys are horrible skiers too! bootyshake.gif

They spit too much....

hahaha
SirAndy
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 02:46 PM)

gotta get yourself some spacers for the front. about 1" or so ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
Howard
A top? Oh yeah, that thing for keeping UV off my bald spot when I forget the hat...
spare time toys
I love it here. Tops off in the winter and on in the summer wacko.gif gotta keep the AC in sad.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 23 2005, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 23 2005, 02:46 PM)

gotta get yourself some spacers for the front. about 1" or so ...

rolleyes.gif Andy

Naaa.. I was worried the tires I picked wouldn't fit,so I went too small with them.

Next set of tires will be the right sizes, so they will look right.
jandro62
Down in The Woodlands (N. Houston) and my brother and I went cruising around last night with the top off. I'm going to go drive around some more now. God Bless Texas!

btw, two weeks back they shut the University of Texas down for the day because we were getting ice and sleet.
brp914
who designed those houses - the Ringling Bros? Looks like a circus tent. Well I guess plenty of room for 914 parts in the attic. laugh.gif
MoveQik
For the life of me I couldn't figure out what in the hell you guys were talking about. Then I was looking for something in my rear trunk when I finally figured out what that huge black thing was....THE ROOF!! Hell, I thought it was just some sort of insulation pad for the trunk. I didn't know the car even had a roof. Not a cloud in sight and 80 degrees here today. Merry Christmas! driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty

"See"? In Denver? Through the worst smog anywhere outside Mexico City? The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
Think I'll open the sunroof (hey, it's the quattro!) and drive over to the beach ............. The Cap'n
914Sixer
For what it is worth the weather is the same down here in Boerne just North of San Antonio. Breezy and about 65 degrees. smiley_notworthy.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (brp914 @ Dec 24 2005, 12:53 PM)
who designed those houses - the Ringling Bros? Looks like a circus tent. Well I guess plenty of room for 914 parts in the attic. laugh.gif

The houses in the picture are 2 story.

I didn't use the upstairs.. I put in a parts storage location.

spare time toys
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 24 2005, 03:51 PM)

I have seen his storage area. Its much bigger than mine sad.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 24 2005, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (brp914 @ Dec 24 2005, 12:53 PM)
who designed those houses - the Ringling Bros?  Looks like a circus tent.  Well I guess plenty of room for 914 parts in the attic.  :lol:

The houses in the picture are 2 story.

You have forlon your Tejas upbringing....Any full blooded, died in the wool Tejan would have had the parts stored in the front yard. I doubt that Sam Houston will ever forgive the transgression. The Alamo sheds tears.
Gint
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 24 2005, 12:15 PM)
o yea .. we texans are invading !! my dad just moved to denver .... he ' casing the place  see  what would be the easist way  to take over!!  :D  :poke:

"See"? In Denver? Through the worst smog anywhere outside Mexico City? The Cap'n

In this case John, you're totally clueless. Where'd ya get that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.