Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got compliments...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
last week i was filling up the car. come out and there was a pretty 20 to ? looking at the car. "it's so cute. where's the motor? 2 trunks?...". she goes on to tell me her EX boyfriend drove a honda "that looked just like the rest of them. and i hated the way it sounded". chit chat, blah blah. then,INSERT SOUND OF BRAKES LOCKED UP. "do you think i could go for a ride in it? show video of CAR GOING OFF CURVE BACKWARDS. "i'm sorry i don't think that would be appropriate". i was so... wub.gif wub.gif but she made a balding, grey hair's day. didn't think this jaded old fart could still blush.

kevin
"filling up on a daily basis"
Bleyseng
Damn, you sure can tell you have been married a looong time! lol

Geoff
rick 918-S
My wife never gave the 914 a second look while it was sitting not running. But the day I drove into the yard after finishing the car she say's " What are you going to do with that?!" "That's nothing but a pick up car!" "All that car is good for is picking up chicks!" I can count the number of times my wife showed the green eyed monster and this was one of them. She really never had any reason to worry. She acted as if the teener WAS the other woman! To this day she calls my pick up car. It's stories like yours that lend credence to her suspisions. Thanks for sharing and good escape. Love triumphs over lust. Score: Love 1, lust 0
Rusty
Kevin? Are you insane?

All she wanted was a *ride*... wub.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I'm old and single. where was she?????????
rhodyguy
"jeanne, i saw kevin and one of your nieces in his 914". "that's strange none of my nieces live in wa"

kevin
seanery
you could always say she was a "prospective club member" ! laugh.gif smile.gif laugh.gif
rhodyguy
"JEANNE!!! a woman offered me $15k for the silver car. i had to take her for a test ride". "show me the money honey".

kevin
campbellcj
The kids (mostly 10-15) in my neighborhood love the teener. I'm sure they have no clue what it is, but whenever I pull it out of the garage a small crowd gathers.

Their parents, on the other hand, are probably not as thrilled. They are mostly minivan and Lexus-driving soccer moms and Sunday-school teacher types. At least with the trailer rig, now I don't fire it up at 5am anymore. rolleyes.gif
redshift
I get all kinds of compliments.

The most common compliment I get: "Man! NICE FIAT"

Yeah.

M
dbledsoe
I bought my first 914 this past May. It's a red 75, pretty clean. I'm 55. I only bought it because I showed an interest in it while visiting my son at the car dealership he works for. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I didn't. I was surprised when the wife OK’d the purchase... sight unseen.

My wife once watched a program on TV about old guys (primarily widowers) being fleeced by young gypsy girls who sought them out and, at first, acted as a pleasant companion. Eventually the gypsy girl would take the old gents for most, if not all, of their life’s savings.

When I brought the 914 home the wife's first statement was, "Oh my God that's gypsy bait!" meaning they'd think I was an old guy with too much money and try to take advantage of me. She made me promise that if anything happened to her I would be extra cautious of the young gypsy girls.

I'd never owned a 914 before, and can't say I'd ever really thought of owning one, although I had long admired them. Now I have two. I added a nice white 76 2.0 three weeks ago. Addictive… this 914 stuff!

As the Missing Persons once sang, "Life is so strange..."
driving.gif
Aaron Cox
hey.... that never happened to me (yet) - i got forty somethin more years for it to happen tho wink.gif

yeah- ive heard the fiat thing before or "Nice gokart" finger.gif
SirAndy
i had a pretty lady in her 20's follow me to my home. she pulled up right next to me in her SUV. turned out, she knew quite a bit about 914s. had never seen one with the full 916 package, which was what had sparked her interest. we chatted for about 20 minutes or so.

stupid me forgot to get her phone number headbang.gif
Andy
GWN7
Kevin,

you should have asked if her mother was single for me. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.