Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who drove the IMSA #87 Altec Lansing car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Does anyone know who drove this car?
Quilmes
Yes I do, I posted a while back ago the information on that car bing for sale. Itgave all the drivers names and car color at different races.

I remember one being "Something Mandala, and possible Jim Cook, whom finised 5th at the 1980 24Hrs of Daytona.

but I canot be sure, you will need to wait till Tuesday when I return to work, where I have all that information.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Quilmes
Loser_Cruiser
Don't know anything about the car but they make sweet boom box thing for iPods. Cars cool too.
URY914
You mean that chick wasn't the driver?

She's got a helmet!

OK, I looked it up. Jim Cook drove it at Luguna Seca in 1976.
URY914
Another...
rick 918-S
What car... cool_shades.gif
maf914
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Dec 23 2005, 09:08 PM)
Yes I do, I posted a while back ago the information on that car bing for sale. Itgave all the drivers names and car color at different races.

I remember one being "Something Mandala, and possible Jim Cook, whom finised 5th at the 1980 24Hrs of Daytona.

In the Daytona 24Hr History book, a 914-6 did finish 5th in 1980. The car number was 62, with drivers William Koll, Jim Cook, and Greg LaCava. It completed 632 laps versus the winning Joest Porsche 935's 715 laps. No photos, so I can't say it the Altec car.
JeffBowlsby
I am looking for a copy of that Altec ad to buy...if anyone has one for sale please let me know... biggrin.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Dec 24 2005, 04:05 PM)
I am looking for a copy of that Altec ad to buy...if anyone has one for sale please let me know... biggrin.gif

Jeff, as you know this ad is out from the Road & Track, Oct 1976
so it might be easier to find the whole magazine, than the ad alone idea.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
seanery
Thanks for the info guys!
blitZ
Nice car...

and the Farah Fawcett hair do sure brings back some memories.
URY914
QUOTE (maf914 @ Dec 24 2005, 07:01 AM)
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Dec 23 2005, 09:08 PM)

In the Daytona 24Hr History book, a 914-6 did finish 5th in 1980. The car number was 62, with drivers William Koll, Jim Cook, and Greg LaCava. It completed 632 laps versus the winning Joest Porsche 935's 715 laps. No photos, so I can't say it the Altec car.

This is a picture of the car but was not taken at the race. I was at the race that year. Cold as SHIT! Sleep in a tent!

I have pics that I took but the scanner is down.

ArtechnikA
QUOTE (maf914 @ Dec 24 2005, 11:01 AM)

IIRC, Bill Koll's #62 car was built by Denny Kegel in San Diego.
i was there then, and remember the car...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.