Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take "Familiarity",add being p/oed and no traction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rpmmaxxed
Making the same left turn at 10mph that I always do tonight near my place of work, after looking for my lost cell phone, tragedy struck.

Just in an overall bad mood do to lost phone, and so jerks while x-mas shopping, I wasnt paying much attention to the water runoff on the road ahead of me. Its a slight left turn towards the light, and I turned the wheel, and the front end hydroplaned, tried brakes, got nothin.

Slid into the curb at about 10mph. See damage below.
sad.gif
user posted image

I am praying that the only damage is the wheel. I drove it home(only 1/3 mile), and will look at it in the morning.

Dont have any other spare empi's, so im on the hunt. Found a nice new set on ebay for $315 shipped as of now(Black center, polished chrome lip), but a used set which can be painted for $150.

We shall see. gonna go to sleep punchin myself tonight.

The place where it happened is a very smooth paved parking lot, and with water it is always very slippery, and cars often lose traction.

Just wasnt paying enough attention... Let a lesson be learned, be aware of whats ahead of you confused24.gif
bondo
Check with Otmar, he had some empis about a year ago, he MAY still have them.
rpmmaxxed
thanks for the tip, I pm'ed him.

I'll cross my fingers biggrin.gif
r_towle
I have herd of a guy called Earnies wheels out in CA...

I will check to see if I can get his number...

Also, try www.foreignintrigue.com

I have seen every type of wheel on his shelves...

Rich
rpmmaxxed
Thanks for the link boldblue.gif
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif bugcity.com he will hook you up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink.gif
Trekkor
try PartsHeaven in Hayward or maybe High Performance House in Redwood City...don't know if they sell singles confused24.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.