Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: six oil tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bhfast
Factory: steel(can rust), lighter weight, internal baffle
Vellios: aluminum, heavier, about $100 cheaper

Is there anything I'm missing here? Is one better than the other? What are you using?
Brian
Brad Roberts
Forget the Vellios. Use OEM parts. You will pay more, but it will also make replacing parts later easier and faster (oil lines)

I'm pretty quick with this stuff and it took me quite awhile to dig up the proper fittings and to make the braided lines for the Vellios tank.

If you know you can buy a package deal with every fitting and braided line supplied..then I might think about it. Everything I hear is that Vellios is difficult to get products from right now.

B
fuch toy
Try a914guy@aol.com he always has something around.....
campbellcj
If I'm spending $6K+ to stuff a six in the car, saving $100 by using a repro tank does not give me a woody. As long as the factory tanks are still available (they are) I would lean that way.

If the Vellios tank isn't baffled (your post kinda implied that, I don't know myself) then that seems like a major negative.
si2t3m
The vellios tank (at least the one i got) is baffled.

Someone out there already figured out the fittings needed.

I bought my tank and conversion parts from Perry Khiel (sp?) a while back.

Everything fitted like dad into mom.... blink.gif

Marc-Andre
ChrisFoley
I say go with the factory tank.
Here is a pic of how badly the filter fit on a brand new Vellios tank I had. I had already mounted it in the car project I am currently working on. Found the problem while I was adding oil. Now I am waiting for the replacement. sad.gif
si2t3m
ohmy.gif

Yikes!

They treaded to hole for the filter fitting while holding the tank between there feet???

I do remember a fitting issue now... regarding the oil filler tube. Mine didn't want to slip in the tank as I think it should. The Id of the hole where the filler tube goes was a bit too small for the OD of the filler tube... Had to splice the tube a bit so it could go in.

Marc-André
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.