Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: WTF Big Bastard Oven
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MecGen
Hey People, Merry X-Mas !

A friend (in construction) was working for the last 2 months on renovations in a biulding, and found 2 big bastard ovens in the basement. He being a gearhead, asked the owner for one (it was headed for the garbage), and gave me a call.
Long story short, I have aquired a really cool oven.. It has a PLC controle overhead console, with a Honeywell digital keypad. I really haven't had a chance to take a good look at it, it was a Christmas miricle I sqeezed in the time for transport !.

I found out it was in a high tech lab, not a Bio lab.
I found a plate that says max 500deg but I am unsure if it was for the oven temp or exhaust temp (exhaust motor). Inside is sweet ass polished stainless racks. Looks unused and brand new, but it was hooked up and functional.
Sooo maybe someone has some ideas or comments/sugestions on this BBO.
I know it would be ideal for powdercoating, the exhaust feature is a must for long term health risks. But...I don't want to powdercoat. cool.gif Someone mentioned it could be used in a meth lab ph34r.gif
So WTF is it ?, WTF can it be used for ? Its good for a discussion among friends and spiked eggnog beer3.gif

+karma

smontanaro
If you can't figure out specs for it or decide you want to get rid of it,
contact the Capovani Brothers. Ed and Mike are good guys and have been in the used scientific equipment business for over a decade. If you can give them the make and model number I suspect they can dredge up some specs. Heck, you might even find they have your oven in their current oven inventory.

Skip
MecGen
Thanx for the link

Unfortunately It will probably have to go...I have no space.

Later

beer.gif
spare time toys
It could have been used for making small composit parts. We have 3 sizes of ovens here at work going from home oven sized to the big one we do flaps in that you can get a full sized pickup into with room to spare. We also had small ovens to heat treat parts after we made them at the last place I was at. You dont need as much heat as you would think to treat meatl as you would think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.