Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carrera Script
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
anybody got an image (jpg, gif, ong - like that...) of the 73-75 911 "Carrera" sidestripe script ?
planning a 'slightly modified' version for the 911, need a starting point.
no reason for me to do vinyl on a single-use item, i think i'll just haul out the frisket and One-Shot paint, maybe do some airbrush highlights here and there...
tryan
sorry i don't have a scripts, but what do you think about a side script with 914club with the reverse gt car at the end. EVERYBODY would want one. smile.gif
tryan
stole it from the bird bath.
VegasRacer
Will this work for you?
Jeroen
big enuf for ya???

I have this one in vector format, so if you wanna change your mind about the vinyl, lemme know and I'll send you the file...

cheers,

Jeroen
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Aug 24 2003, 10:40 AM)
big enuf for ya???

I have this one in vector format, so if you wanna change your mind about the vinyl, lemme know and I'll send you the file...

that's definitely big enough to get me started.
thanks for the offer on the vector file, but i don't think i have anything to edit one with, and we're going to tinker with the spelling some :-)

(there were no '73 Carrera RS Targas, so my car is headed for an 'homage' rather than trying to be a true clone or replica. runnning with the 'Carrera' side stripe fosters a condition of "who's trying to kid whom" so we're going a little more whimsical...)
Joe Bob
There were no Carrera RS cabs either....think it bothers me?????
TheCabinetmaker
Hey Mike, is that the Porsche playhouse in the background? Coooooooooooooool.
redshift
Jees mike, you got blond infestation.

M
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 24 2003, 11:45 AM)
There were no Carrera RS cabs either....think it bothers me?????

no, Mike, i don't think much of anything bothers you :-) ...
you have an obviously newer car...
anyway, it's your car, you can wear whatever graphics you want, it won't bother me either.
i just am taking advantage of the opportunity to do something whimsical...
everything should be together and presentable for the ECR - i'll post some pictures after that...
Joe Bob
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Aug 24 2003, 11:57 AM)
Hey Mike, is that the Porsche playhouse in the background? Coooooooooooooool.

Nope....that's the 2 million dollar house across the street....
djm914-6
Hey Rich, Whatcha got planned?

Mike, Dude you are in for some sleepless nights in a few years. Those cute girls will grow up to cute teens and the boys will flock. Damn, I'm glad I have boys. I only have two pricks to worry about, you have millions.
Joe Bob
That's what shotguns are for..... fighting19.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Aug 24 2003, 04:08 PM)
Hey Rich, Whatcha got planned?

more than i can possibly accomplish in the available time, as usual :-) ...

as much as i'd love to play with the purely cosmetic stuff there are mechanical issues that require attention first -- VT will be the car's first real outing although it's been flawless in commuter service. since i already have suspension upgrades planned for the winter i can't get too far ahead of myself, and i can't afford (in any sense of the word) to DWD the projects i do have planned. still - as i find stuff, more things i want to tend to before the trip are cropping up they don't -need- attention but i'd like to deal with them.

the sidestripe will happen sooner or later, but i obviously have to commit to doing the whole project at once or it'll look stupid... some of the other stuff can go undone and no one but me will know - you start laying paint down the side of a 911 and you'd better be prepared to finish it off ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.