Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Modern Stereo in my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wertygrog
Hello and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Has anyone installed a modern in dash cdplayer/sterio unit (DIN1 whatever that means) in your 914?

-Where can i get the dash adapter jobber?
-Any tricks involved w/ wiring? I don't need the auto-shutoff relay mod.

thanks! biggrin.gif

Brent
rpmmaxxed
My car had a sony installed just prior to my purchasing the car.

THe best install advice that I can give is to have best buy, fry's, or a similar store install it for you.

Many offer free installation with purchase of a cd deck valued at $100 or more, or something similar.

Good luck.
boxstr
Think about a hidden radio. One that you can control remotely. No holes to drill and no theives to tempt. A radio will date a car quicker than any other item that you can add to it.
Try this http://www.soundmove.com/secretaudio.htm
CCLINRADIOWAVES
anthony
Has anyone installed a modern in dash cdplayer/sterio unit (DIN1 whatever that means) in your 914?

You just cut the DIN hole in the plate that holds the radio. The best thing that I did to my 914 was installing an automatic antenna.

THe best install advice that I can give is to have best buy, fry's, or a similar store install it for you.

I wouldn't let those guys touch my 914 but that's me.
bondo
QUOTE (wertygrog @ Dec 24 2005, 05:45 PM)
(DIN1 whatever that means)

DIN

The hardest part about a modern stereo in a 914 is finding a place for the sub. smile.gif Several solutions have been done, the most common seem to be console sub and passenger footwell sub.
Teknon
I have Bass Shakers in my car. Bass responses are felt not heard. Anyway, I don't like consoles.

Bass Shakers
MecGen
Hi

I modified the wiring to add a Fuse/relay box to handle the interior add-ons. It seems 914 don't need help burning to the ground ohmy.gif
I also upped the OEM alternator to 75 amp.
I don't have a sound system yet....was kinda hoping for a special X-mas gift, maybe next year... headbang.gif

I'll see if I can find a pic of the reay board. If you don't feel comfortable doing the radio install yourself, the installers in my area anyways, are payed to install quickly = sloppy, talk to the manager/owner. Find someone who has been working as an installer for at least 6 months, and pay an hourly rate.

It sure is easy spending other peoples money aktion035.gif

+Karma
Later

beer.gif
pfierb
QUOTE (wertygrog @ Dec 24 2005, 08:45 PM)
Hello and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

-Where can i get the dash adapter jobber?
-Any tricks involved w/ wiring? I don't need the auto-shutoff relay mod.

thanks! biggrin.gif

Brent

Try Crutchfield they have great products and prices and will walk you through the installation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.